New Job Occupational Safety Project Specialist In Alberta
|Occupational Safety Project Specialist|
Occupational Safety Project Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $44.20–$59.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
The City is making a transformational cultural shift in how we approach Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). As an Occupational Safety Project Specialist, you will be responsible for the organization of relevant safety projects within the business unit, including overseeing project teams and ensuring appropriate updates are scheduled. You will play an essential role in project management, delivery, and implementation of programs. Primary duties include:
Act as the project lead for all safety projects initiated by the business units, form teams and manage diverse team dynamics on multiple projects.
Initiate, plan, execute, oversee, and close assigned project scopes as assigned by leadership/business units.
Develop business cases and project plans to align with The City’s safety needs, assignments, and new initiatives
Ensure that the project management team is supported; mitigate and manage any conflicts.
Develop and sustain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external interested parties.
Support the development of program activities for business units to mitigate safety risks and maintain compliance obligations.
Engage staff from across The City on various safety projects and programs that align with Provincial legislation and corporate policies.
- A degree in Business Administration, Occupational Health and Safety or a related field and at least 5 years of experience in leading and managing multidisciplinary projects/activities.
- Occupational Health and Safety experience or a working familiarity with Safety is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint, and MS Teams.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate will be considered an asset.
- Well-developed communication skills, the ability to provide or receive detailed or specialized information and explain complex legislated requirements to employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and communicate effectively with team members and other business units and departments.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Occupational Health & Safety
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Compensation: Pay Grade 12 $44.20 - 59.09 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: May 18, 2023
Job ID #: 307664