New Job Non-Commercial Property Assessor In Prince Edward Island
|Non-Commercial Property Assessor|
Non-Commercial Property Assessor
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $29.52–$36.89 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals.
This position is responsible for the valuation of real property, under provisions of the Real Property Assessment Act, at the indicated market value forming the basis for the collection of provincial and municipal property taxes.
Duties will include:
- Appraising assigned properties including farm, residential, basic commercial and special purpose properties as defined in the Real Property Assessment Act;
- Appraising new construction for designated properties;
- Reconciling values as a result of a change in assessment records due to property conveyances and changes in land use;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual assessment adjustment multipliers by providing work unit expertise on market cnditions and other economic factors;
- Responding to registered assessment notices from property owners;onditions
- Providing support in the Division’s response to registered referrals and appeals to IRAC;
- Consulting with property owners, the general public, private sector professional appraisers, lawyers, provincial, municipal and federal officials, IWMC, 911 Administration office and fire districts regarding questions and concerns related to the assessment of non-commercial property;
- Other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics or related discipline;
- Professional real property valuation credentials, at minimum at the residential level, from a recognized property valuation institute or organization including but not limited to the Appraisal Institute of Canada;
-Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
- Knowledge of the Real Property Tax Act, Real Property Assessment Act, Registry Act, Real Property Transfer Tax Act and associated Regulations;
- Must be able to deal with the public in a professional manner exercising diplomacy and tact in a regulatory environment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own reliable transportation;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to beginning of employment.
- Knowledge of Taxation and Property Records Division policy, procedure and systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the construction, agricultural and business sectors would be an asset.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please note - Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Collective Agreement.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.52-$36.89 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Professional real property valuation credentials (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15