New Job Nak 2324 01850 B In Nunavut
|NAK 2324 01850 B|
NAK 2324 01850 B
Company : Government of Nunavut
Salary : $82,003–$128,579 a year
Location : Nunavut
09-01850 Nakasuk Elementary School Teacher
School: Nakasuk Elementary School
Community: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Qikiqtani School Operations invites applications for the following position:
Teacher - Inuktitut Generalist
Grade: K - 5
The closing date for this competition is Open until filled
Start Date: 8/30/2023
The status (and end date, if applicable) of this position is: Indeterminate
The position is 1.0 (Full-time)
Please note: Subsidized staff housing is available BUT sharing may be required.
School Description: Nakasuk Elementary School is a K-5 school with approximately 360 students
The Nunavut Department of Education is committed to supporting staff development through well-designed professional learning opportunities. Nunavut schools are currently focused on improving literacy outcomes for all students and ensuring students’ learning experiences are culturally relevant and respectful.
- Must be eligible for Nunavut Professional Teaching Certificate
- Subject knowledge, training, and experience relevant to the assignment
- Ability to communicate in Inuktitut (verbal and written)
- Experience and / or training with current assessment methods
- Evidence of differentiated instruction and inclusive practices
- Experience and / or training in classroom management practices and the development of positive learning environments (eg. Restitution, Tribes, Positive Effective Behavior Supports, etc.)
- Cross-cultural and/or northern teaching experience
- Evidence of training and / or experience in the area of Balanced Literacy
- Training and / or teaching experience in an ESL environment
- Evidence / experience building positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, stakeholders
- Skills / training using education-related information technology ie SMART Board Applications
- Planning skills (lesson, theme, unit, year, and student support plans)
Salary: $82,003 to $128,579
The Northern Allowance for Iqaluit, Nunavut is $15,016
Qikiqtani School Operations is committed to:
- Promotion of the Inuktut Language and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Societal Values)
- Improving Student Literacy
- Inclusive Education
Resiliency, adaptability and resourcefulness are assets to employment and northern life.
Applications must be emailed (Word Document or PDF file) to [email protected]
Note: Attachments over 10mb will not be accepted.
Ensure that the subject line of your email states the Reference #NAK 2324 01850 B. Attach a cover letter and resume with the names of 3 current references (including your most recent supervisor).
Applicants from outside Nunavut must provide a copy of a current public-school teaching certificate from a jurisdiction recognized by the Nunavut Department of Education or proof of enrollment in the final year of a Canadian Bachelor of Education program. Applications that do not include this documentation will not be considered.
Current Government of Nunavut employees must hold a valid Nunavut teaching certificate and must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
External applicants (not currently employed by the Government of Nunavut) must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
If selected for an interview, your interview questions will follow the behavior descriptive model as described in the attached link Behavior Description Interviewing (gov.nu.ca)
Note: CRC and VSC forms expire after 6 months, please ensure these are up to date.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
The Government of Nunavut is committed to a more representative workforce to best serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Land Claims beneficiaries.
Human Resource Officer: Elizabeth P. Inuarak