New Job Meeting And Banquet Manager In Saskatchewan
|Meeting and Banquet Manager|
Meeting and Banquet Manager
Company : Alt Saskatoon
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Running the show
Do you enjoy planning your weekend AND those of your friends?
We are looking for a versatile and organized individual who excels in customer service and knows how to surround themselves with the right people. Taking a creative approach, the Meetings and Banquets Manager will coordinate and follow up on group stays in connection with accommodation, meeting rooms, and events based on established sales strategies. Their attention to detail and agility will ensure that the planning and execution of our events will always be in good hands.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU CAN BRING
- 1-2 years of experience in a management position in catering, events, or conferences.
- Strong sense of planning, organization and innovation.
- Highly developed spirit of collaboration and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to provide attentive customer service.
- A highly autonomous individual with positive leadership and versatility.
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written, knowledge of French an asset.
- Be familiar with, or have experience with, the boutique hotel concept.
- Familiarity with OPERA and Simphony software is an asset.
- Training in hospitality or tourism is an asset.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Ensure the planning and coordination of various private, business, and other events per contractual agreements in collaboration with other departments and vendors.
- Oversee room set-up, ensure the quality of service, and respond to ad hoc needs during the event; presence required at certain major events (availability evenings and weekends).
- Direct day-to-day operations and supervision of the meeting rooms and banquet service team; hire and train team members; develop schedules; evaluate performance, etc.
- Manage financial and material resources; maximize space and revenue, help meet budgetary objectives, control operating costs, track financial statements, procurement, vendor negotiations, inventory management, etc.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We empower employees to be autonomous and creative in their roles.
- We foster work-life balance in our scheduling and time off.
- We offer paths for flexible career development and growth.
- We value team members for who they are and ensure they are heard.
- Performance bonus
- Employee referral program
- Partially paid group insurance for salaried and full-time employees
- Lifeworks wellbeing platform
- Promotional rate for Germain Hotels stays
- Bright and pleasant workspace
HOW TO APPLY – DON’T BE SHY!
Are you already imagining yourself as part of the team? If you have the experience and qualities that suit this role, be confident in your skills and apply now. Even if you don't check every box, you could be the person we're looking for! We’ll contact the candidates we deem to be the most qualified overall.