New Job Medical Office Assistant In Ontario
|Medical Office Assistant|
Medical Office Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) - Markham, ON - Primary Care
FlexMD is looking for Medical Office Assistants to collaborate with us at our new Mount Joy, Markham clinic.
An exciting opportunity for a Medical Office Assistant to join our primary care team at FlexMD. Our multi-disciplinary clinic team is comprised of Primary Care Physicians, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Massage Therapists, and Chiropractors.
- Turnkey clinic with full-service business and administrative support, including reception, staff management, payroll, supply management, marketing, EHR management, billing submissions, and training.
- Cross discipline referrals and clinic marketing that accelerate growth of a busy and profitable roster.
- An experienced management team.
- Brand new, professionally managed facility with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, suitable for both physical and virtual visits.
- Spacious work areas including private physician offices, group, and individual counseling rooms, and eleven exam rooms including two rooms with barrier-free exam chairs.
- On-site pharmacy, phlebotomy station, and rehab gym.
- Private staff areas including locker room, washroom, and kitchen.
- Close proximity to the Markham Stouffville Hospital.
- Work in the vibrant and growing community of Mount Joy, Markham, adjacent to Go Station, walking distance ta variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free parking near building entrance.
- Provide telephone and in-person receptionist duties for the clinic including;
- Greet and welcome patients.
- Receive incoming calls and answer routine inquiries.
- Take messages, or forward to voice mail, for all staff.
- Monitor and manage the general tidiness of the waiting room.
- Provide and manage clinic intake and bookings including:
- Provide intake services to new clients, by determining their need or directing them to the appropriate clinician.
- Direct and schedule client including recall and/or follow up.
- Manage electronic patient files.
- Preparation of client intake documentation:
- Enter patient info into and preparing charts in EMR.
- Ensure patients have valid OHIP coverage or 3rd party billing (confirming this upon their arrival).
- Accept payment for non-OHIP covered procedures.
- Provide medical support as requested, including:
- Schedule and coordinate testing such as ultrasound, specialist, and/or liaise with the pharmacy.
- Complete appropriate forms/requisitions.
- Perform height and weight checks.
- Perform blood sugar checks.
- Take vital signs such as blood pressure and heart rate.
- Assist with urine testing through request of samples and dipstick testing.
- Perform venipuncture and preparation for blood sample collection.
- Arrange for sample pick-up by the lab.
- Provide clerical support services for all members of the Clinic.
- Facilitate smooth operation of reception and related areas of office.
- Provide administrative support to Clinic including report and letter writing.
- File patient history/treatment records and data into EMR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Manage medical supplies in the clinic, including;
- Inventory control and ordering of consumable medical supplies.
- Stocking of rooms
- Sterilizing equipment
- Medical Office Administration certification or 5+ years experience working as a medical office assistant.
- Phlebotomy / Venipuncture certification is an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED.
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with an ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of Telus PSS EMR
- Industry-leading salary and bonus opportunities commensurate with experience and expertise.
Learn more, please visit our website: www.FlexMD.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Medical Office Assistant: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person