New Job Medical Assistant Casual In Manitoba
|Medical Assistant Casual|
Medical Assistant Casual
Company : Klinic Community Health
Salary : $18.82–$21.81 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 338143
Posting End Date: June 5, 2023
Site: Klinic Community Health
Work Location: Klinic Community Health
Department / Unit: Health Services
Posting Category: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start - ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Klinic Community Heath is a pro-choice community health centre that provides primary care, education and counselling services to our local community and throughout Manitoba. Driven by our vision of creating healthy and engaged communities, we promote health and quality of life for people of every age, background, ethnicity, gender identity and socio-economic circumstances. Rooted in social justice values, we believe that everyone deserves quality care, support and respect.
- Completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in a healthcare program is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and lived experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related health care setting is an asset
- Experience with electronic medical records is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required, including access to a vehicle during working hours
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills (30-50 words per minute).
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required (scanner, photocopier, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent telephone skills (answering, transferring, and professional phone etiquette).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous requests.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work as a member of a team.
- Use of a positive approach in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and Routine Practices.
- Language skills other than English is an asset.
Program Support Related Duties
- Provide clinical support services to all Health Services programs including Primary Care, Transgender Health Klinic, Tec Voc Klinic, STI Klinic, Teen Klinic, and other Klinic programs as required and according to established Klinic guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with all Klinic staff and external agencies as is necessary to ensure a collaborative approach to meeting health care needs.
- Collect and accurately document personal health information provided by individuals or external referral agencies for intake to specific Health Services programs, or related services, and follow agency intake procedures.
- Facilitate client referrals to specialists, diagnostic testing, and other external service providers as directed by the practitioner and inform client of same.
- Recognize potential and real barriers for client access to care and identify opportunities for system improvement to management.
- Assist practitioners with procedures and chaperone appointments when required.
- Collect and accurately document client information in the electronic medical record in accordance with Klinic procedures and PHIA guidelines.
- Maintain an efficient tracking system of client reminders when necessary, to facilitate client attendance for upcoming internal and externally referred appointments.
- Provide instructions and/or education to clients as directed by the practitioner and document as needed in the medical record.
- Triage calls from clients and determine the appropriate actions to take to manage client requests.
- Respond and triage client and non-client phone calls for information, test results, health education, and/or resources as appropriate, and determine the appropriate action including forwarding calls or messages to a practitioner or other care provider when appropriate.
- Assist in the file management of client documents in the electronic medical record.
- Enter lab values accurately and correctly into the electronic medical record.
- Triage walk-in client requests regarding agency or community resources and facilitate connecting clients with the appropriate resources.
- Communicate effectively with all team members within the agency.
- Maintain knowledge of Klinic’s emergency procedures.
- Assist in preparing specimens and requisitions for lab processing, as required.
- Maintain and order medical equipment and supplies, including laundry.
- Provide practical assistance to clients, in their home(s) on a short term basis, where other services are not readily available.
- Assist clients with walking, transfers and positioning.
- Assist clients in attending health services appointments and diagnostic appointments as requested by the practitioners.
- Supports agency assistants, as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff members and students, and participate in hiring panels when requested to do so.
- Participate in training courses and inservices offered elsewhere and by Klinic in order to maintain and improve quality of service.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in program planning, evaluation and quality monitoring including completing daily statistics.
- Participate in formal self-evaluations by identifying strengths and limitations.
- Seek appropriate supervision/consultation of own actions.
- Adhere to all agency policies, protocols, procedures and promotes best practice.
- Perform other duties and functions related to their job description, not exceeding above stated skills and capacities.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Work environment consisting of an office building.
- Work areas are not private and may be in the public areas of the building.
- Maybe required to sit for long periods of time.
- May be required to move items weighing up to 12 kg.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients and visitors.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
SALARY RANGE $18.818-$21.814 per hour
Klinic is committed to working towards having a more equitable and diverse work force at all levels of our organization. We welcome and encourage persons who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve to apply, those who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, 2SLBGTQQIA+, and/or those living with disabilities. Applicants are invited to self-declare in their cover letter.
Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process. Applicants are asked to please self-declare in their cover letter.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.