New Job Material Processor In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $37.56 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1986
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately six (6) months
Number of Openings: 2
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift/Work Schedule: 4 x Ten Hour Days, Tuesday - Friday (subject to change)
Department/ Branch: Environmental Services, Solid Waste Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL5
Rate*: $ 37.56
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 28/05/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Material Processor performs segregation and consolidation of a variety of waste diversion materials received from municipal facilities, commercial vendors, and curbside collection.
Operate sort-line conveyors and control panels to sort collected waste materials into various market defined specifications.
- Use a baler system to consolidate processed materials for transportation to market.
- Ensure that hazardous materials are separated.
- Complete general housekeeping at the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) and public drop-off.
- Litter picking and snow shoveling as required.
- Provide input or recommendations to Foreman or Supervisor about any opportunities to streamline processes.
- Complete training on equipment and participate in the RMWB training program as required by operations.
- Participate in and complete required safety documentation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to understand and execute verbal directions and practice safe working procedures.
- High degree of attention to detail, concentration, and accuracy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and a strong commitment to occupational health and safety.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with co-workers and actively contributes to team activities.
- Ability to pay attention to details in order to eliminate hazards and prevent accidents.
- Ability to multi-task, organize work, and achieve work related objectives and goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of experience in general labour or material handling is required.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class five (5) Operator’s License is an asset.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended for work in unsanitary conditions.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of the position on an ongoing basis.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.