New Job Manager, People Services In Ontario
|Manager, People Services|
Manager, People Services
Company : The Town of Caledon
Salary : $122,331–$149,916 a year
Location : Ontario
Reporting to the Director, People Services, the Manager will lead a team of professionals who deliver core HR operational services and advice to the Corporate Leadership Team. This role will provide leadership and direction to drive the alignment of human resources programs and services to meet corporate objectives and deliverables. The manager establishes priorities and objectives, drives process efficiency and service delivery improvement initiatives, supports effective workflow and workload distribution. This leadership role is accountable for the day-to-day management and supervision of People Services including talent acquisition, onboarding, benefit administration, health & safety, disability management, career development, and payroll administration. As the Manager, People Services you will:
- Be responsible for Talent Acquisition which includes managing the recruitment process, onboarding, and working collaboratively with client groups internally to build an inclusive culture. Building the organizational employer brand and implementing innovative sourcing strategies to support the growth of the Town.
- Manage benefits and wellness within the organization inclusive of the benefits program, administration, resolution of claims and supporting corporate wellness initiatives including disability management
- Oversee the Corporate Health & Safety program activities ensuring compliance within the OHSA including return to work and health & safety legislative requirements
- Oversee payroll administration for all employee groups ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and internal processes and procedures
- Identify trends using key performance metrics to track several indicators measuring progress and success
- Perform additional duties and undertake special projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a Human Resources professional with a Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or closely related field and a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years related experience in Human Resources, preferably a public sector environment, including a minimum of 5 years HR experience at a management level. This candidate must have experience in talent acquisition and onboarding, disability management, benefit administration and payroll health & safety and day to day salary administration. The incumbent must also have strong knowledge of ESA, Human Rights Code and/or any other relevant legislation to Human Resources. Proven capability to establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders through collaboration, consensus building and partnerships is ideal. Experience in a unionized public sector (municipal, hospital, schoolboard, provincial) is preferred.
The successful candidate for Manager, People Services will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
This position offers a salary range of $122,330.85 - $149,916.40 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.