New Job Manager, Municipal Projects In Alberta
|Manager, Municipal Projects|
Manager, Municipal Projects
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $100,664–$131,349 a year
Location : Alberta
City of Beaumont
Manager, Municipal Projects
Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community. Are you a strategic thinker? Are you an effective leader in a multi-disciplinary environment? Great at building relationships and strive for continuous improvement? This could be the position for you!
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure in the Infrastructure Department, the Manager, Municipal Projects is responsible for the oversight of operational and capital projects including the planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, and delivery of projects for the municipality in accordance with specifications and standards.
A critical component of this position includes utilization of effective leadership skills. A key responsibility of this position includes leading a focused team of individuals to support the successful delivery of municipal projects to meet corporate commitments. Leadership requirements include the ability to effectively mentor team members while building team cohesion and trust through impactful, constructive collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement related to project management procedures and processes, procurement, and contract management.
The overall objective of this role is to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within the approved budget to align with organization commitments to City Council. This position plays a key role in identifying and managing risk and opportunities and providing recommendations on issues resolutions while managing large complex projects concurrently. This individual will play a pivotal role in further development of the project management team, the City’s 10-year capital plan and associated processes, procurement and contract management and delivery of municipal projects.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide management, leadership, and supervision to support successful delivery of municipal projects for the City of Beaumont
- Lead a dedicated team of focused project staff to deliver operational and capital projects
- Develop strategies for program governance and maintain project management policies, contract administration, and procurement procedures and reporting frameworks
- Lead and oversee projects from initiation to closure; monitor and control issues, budgets etc., to ensure successful delivery of project and program commitments and provide regular performance status reports on the progress of projects and programs under the Municipal Projects portfolio
- Oversee procurement of all municipal project work in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensure project contracts are reflective of project requirements and contractual obligations are upheld
- Prepare, review and present Council reports related to municipal project subject matter to City Council as required
- Develop, review and coordinate responses to Council and citizen inquires related to municipal projects
- Facilitate and lead project meetings with internal and external parties to solicit feedback, receive input and expectations, and provide technical expertise
- Ensure projects are closely monitored, and projects are completed as per design, budget, quality, and schedule within the contractual commitments
- Ensure that projects are compliant with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal regulations and legislation
- Lead and support various departmental initiatives toward continuous improvement
- Contribute to corporate culture through the promotion and adherence to the City of Beaumont values statement.
- Promote health and safety across the corporation and adhere to applicable Occupational Health and Safety laws and legislation
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- Related post-secondary education; a degree in a directly related field (e.g., Science, Civil Engineering, Technology or similar. Equivalencies may be considered.
- 5 years’ progressive experience managing multi-million dollar projects and programs at all stages of development and execution
- Solid understanding of project management principles, procurement, and contract as well as the implementation of best practices
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and relationship building skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy to establish trust and credibility to build strong successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to meet hard deadlines with the ability to balance and manage competing priorities
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 suite and Project Management software/tools.
- Extensive knowledge of provincial policies and federal regulations for municipal infrastructure
- Awareness of political sensitivities, excellent negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively mediate and problem solve multifaceted situations
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with delivery of projects within a municipal government environment
- Experience in civil construction work projects will be considered an asset
- Professional Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation from the Project Management institute will be considered an asset
This position offers a salary range of $100,664.20 - $131,349.40 (starting salary is within this range and based on experience and qualifications) and a competitive benefits package. If you are strong, accomplished leader with a drive to succeed in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document, indicating the Job ID number 23-39. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.