New Job Manager, Government Relations (12 Month Contract) In Ontario
|Manager, Government Relations (12 Month Contract)|
Manager, Government Relations (12 Month Contract)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
As Manager, Government Relations at Loblaw Companies Limited, you will help develop, execute and manage our government relations objectives. Reporting to the Vice President - Sustainability, Social Impact and Government Relations, you will have a continual focus on finding strategic alignment between business objectives, government programs and other trends. The Manager, Government Relations will have the opportunity to work with diverse and dynamic issues on a daily basis. You will engage and influence within the organization as well as key stakeholders such as elected officials, civil servants, trade associations, academics, and charities. Successful candidate will possess the ability to monitor, review, analyze and summarize legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- Effectively engage with governments across Canada.
- Identify business risks and opportunities, developing strategies to find alignment between public policy proposals and business objectives.
- Provide sound legislative and regulatory advice.
- Collaborating with internal business leaders.
- Supporting broader Sustainability and Social Impact team on important issues.
- 5 years’ experience working within government, government relations or public policy.
- Strong understanding of the public policy process and Canada’s retail and food industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of external audiences and internal senior management.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
About Loblaw Companies Limited
Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, with a network of corporate and independently- operated stores in communities across the country, and employing close to 200,000 Canadians.
Loblaw’s purpose – Live Life Well – supports the needs and well-being of Canadians who make one billion visits each year to the company’s stores. Loblaw is positioned to meet and exceed those needs in many ways: convenient locations that span the value spectrum from discount to specialty; full-service pharmacies; no-fee banking; affordable fashion and family apparel; and, three of Canada’s top consumer brands in President’s Choice®, Life Brand®, and no name®.
- Return to Office: As of March 2022 Loblaw has adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 2 days a week, while spending the other 3 days in the office.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.