New Job Maintenance Clerk Cb 23068 In Nova Scotia
|Maintenance Clerk CB 23068
Maintenance Clerk CB 23068
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $23.23–$26.00 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Cape Breton Island District
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Casual (Up to 6 months)
Union Status: CUPE Local 4840
Competition # CB 23068
Closing Date: May 17, 2023
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that’s right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia’s housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Clerk is responsible for general correspondence, reports, work orders, material requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and other records of the Maintenance Department. The incumbent is responsible for receiving, recording and routing tenant complaints, keeping vehicle logs, assisting in the preparation of vehicle and other equipment maintenance schedules, and establishing and maintaining all other Maintenance department records.
- Establish and maintain project and unit maintenance files and an efficient bring forward system for general correspondence and maintenance inspections and schedules.
- Prepare, type and file assigned correspondence, reports, schedules, work orders, purchase orders, material requisitions, tenders, quotations, bids and other documentation as requested or required.
- Receive and record tenant complaints, prepare file actions/work orders and take other appropriate action as required.
- Prepare the Maintenance Department’s attendance, illness, vacation and related records as required.
- Track and report vacant unit repairs to ensure work progresses in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and liaisons with appropriate individuals concerning maintenance services contracts such as pest control, burner service, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, snow removal and ice control and others as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial, plus two years’ related experience.
- Strong keyboarding skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of office procedures and practices are required to maintain accurate and secure files, track, and follow-up information/report requests and manage petty cash.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with co-workers, tenants, contractors and vendors, other departments, and the public in a positive, tactful, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Work cooperatively with others and display a positive attitude to further the goals of the organization.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, sound judgment and initiative when investigating, questioning and dealing with inquires, requests and submissions that are sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Possess current Emergency First Aid and WHMIS certifications.
- Working knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
Competencies required at this level of work are Organizational, Time-management, Teamwork and Confidentiality.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver’s abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 18
Salary Range: $23.23 to $26.00 Hourly
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $23.23-$26.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person