New Job Lead, Operations Account Support In Manitoba
|Lead, Operations Account Support
Lead, Operations Account Support
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Lead, Operations Account Support
Location: This position will be based out of our Winnipeg office.
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $20 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2022 Brokerage Report Card
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operations, the Lead, Operations Account Support will manage a group of generalists and specialists and will execute various parts of the operations workflow; this includes supporting the administrative side of UMA, SMA, and other discretionary platforms.
The Lead, Operations Account Support will be a supervisor to members handling tasks such as: document expiry reports, obtaining missing documentation, investigating, and distributing RDSP & RESP rejections, as well as supporting audit and quality control projects.
A critical aspect of this role is to manage people with varying degrees of knowledge to build and empower them to make decisions and raise items deemed to be urgent or escalated to Wellington-Altus management. As such, empathy, reoccurring coaching sessions and focus of personal and staff development is must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, counsel, and mentorship to direct reports.
- Being accountable for Operations in the delivery of exceptional service that builds trust through responsiveness, accuracy, consistency, and expertise at a high level of efficiency.
- Coaching and developing team through regular discussions using tools such as metrics, quality monitoring, client, and peer feedback.
- Ensuring teams are structured appropriately to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
- Building future capability within the team to ensure service quality is not compromised.
- Being responsible for collaborating with senior leadership to set team targets (SLA’S), manage the performance of teams against those targets.
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Proactively maintains regular engagement with key clients in line with client expectations.
- Ensures SLA, service levels, customer experience, quality measure and compliance measure.
- Responsibility and accountability of operational performance of the client service operational areas including continuous identification of operational best practice through integration with the wider team.
- Reviewing Policies and Procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure we are meeting regulatory requirements while ensuring service levels are not compromised. Proactive and lean communication is expected of the incumbent.
- Guiding the audit specialist in service matters of QI, FATCA, CRS as it relates to working with IAs and custodian to minimize negative impacts in withholding taxes.
- Tracking operational errors for technoligy enhancement and for coaching purposes.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its components regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures.
- Developing team-building exercises and workshops aimed to identify gaps, solutions, and collaboration opportunities.
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders to engage, learn and perform on various lines of business.
- Managing and develop the operational client relationships by conducting operational client review meeting and day to day ops liaison with key workstream.
- Developing and delivering project presentations to project teams, leaders, and executives.
- Being a key player in system integration and enhancement to drive business transformation and digital maturity (ex. DSP, Envestnet Integration).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree in organizational leadership, business, learning and development, analysis, finance, project management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience and education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial or operations management
- Strong presentation, facilitation, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of skills development and capacity building strategies.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and business administration software.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to organize complex information in a comprehensive and clear manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work proactively and collaboratively.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- An ability to adapt to change, including the ability to respond quickly and reliably to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- An ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively in high-stress situations.
- Experience with the following systems: Thompson One, Croesus, Envestnet, Advent systems – Moxy, Genesis and APX. National Bank Independent Network systems – Compass, Netrep, and iMost.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply for This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.
- Associate's degree or better in Management
- Associate's degree or better in Leadership
- Associate's degree or better in Finance
- Bachelor's degree or better in Business Administration
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization