New Job Junior Piping Designer - Oil & Energy In Alberta
|Junior Piping Designer - Oil & Energy|
Junior Piping Designer - Oil & Energy
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
At Bantrel, we are committed to developing a sustainable and diverse business that adapts to the changing markets. Our current focus lies with the traditional Oil and Gas projects as well as the pursuit of solutions in the novel arena of Energy Transition initiatives. We drive a culture that supports professional development and encourages a balance between the personal and professional lives for all our employees.
We are seeking Junior Piping Designers to join our team based in Edmonton. As a Junior Piping Designer, you will be responsible for design and drafting activities, prepares engineering drawings from redline mark-ups, from general engineering and design information or extracted from the project design model.
- Prepares 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) process piping drawings including but not limited to Site Plans, Plot Plans, Equipment Location Plans, General Arrangements, Piping Isometrics, Standard Pipe Supports, Special Pipe Supports from design sketches, redline mark-ups and models prepared by experienced piping design team members.
- Generates detailed piping isometrics extracted from the 3D CAD design model developed by experienced design team members.
- Works with designers from other disciplines towards the successful completion of a coordinated design.
- Compiles, maintains, and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as outlined in project and engineering work instructions.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work to provide quality design.
- All other duties as assigned by senior design team members.
- Completion of a two-year college program in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or three-to-four-year apprentice program in a related field.
- 1 to 5 yrs. experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and Microsoft office products. Experienced with 3D design software such as AutoPlant, Navisworks, etc.
- Able to make basic day-to-day decisions which may involve planning and are well defined by project requirements.
- Able to communicate with supervising designers, other discipline designers and technical specialists to obtain technical information as required.
- A willingness to learn ASME and other Engineering codes, Environmental regulation, Local and National Codes and Regulations.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player and willing to receive direction.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.