New Job It - Procurement Specialist In Alberta
|IT - Procurement Specialist|
IT - Procurement Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : From $65 an hour
Location : Alberta
Office of the Corporate Chief Information Officer
Community Services and Safety (CSaS)
CSAS Business Relationship Management
CTS Procurement Support
CL-Procurement Specialist - Senior (CTS Procurement Support)
Location of Work
NOTES ON LOCATION:
There is a possibility the resource may be able to work remotely, though must be available for onsite meetings when required.
It is anticipated that there will be 1 working day or more in the office per week.
Standard Hours of work are 08:15 – 16:30 Alberta time
Work must be done from within Alberta, due to network and data security issues.
GoA does not pay for travel to attend on-site meetings.
Estimated Start Date
Estimated End Date
Estimated Hours Per Day
Estimated On Call/Standby or Overtime Hours per Month
# of Optional Extensions
Maximum Duration of Extension
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY DETAILS TO BE SHARED WITH POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
Ensure effective and timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive procurement documents (Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Limited Bids etc.)
Coordinate effective and efficient evaluation of proposals and quotations received.
Ensure contracts for IMT products and services are appropriately negotiated, approved and maintained.
There are TWO (2) roles required for this project. Requisitions 169753 and 169754 have the same requirements and will be evaluated together, however – only this requisition (169753) has been released to the vendor community for submissions (referred to as the master requisition).
For your convenience, vendors are only required to submit qualified candidates to the master requisition, and all candidates submitted to the master requisition will be considered for both roles.
Court Technology Services (CTS) provides Information Technology (IT) support to the Courts and Resolution and Administration Services within Justice and Solicitor General. Court Technology Services executes multiple IT operational and project procurements on a yearly basis. This includes liaising with multiple stakeholders including CTS leadership, internal and external subject matter experts, external suppliers and vendors as well as end users.
The resource will be required to:
- Manage the procurement aspects of multiple projects;
- Document and report procurement status against established timelines, objectives, and milestones;
- Develop IMT procurement and contracting documentation;
- Produce and package procurement documentation for presentation to various stakeholders.
- Coordinate and guide requirements gathering, collation and agreement activities with stakeholders;
- Verify stakeholder needs are met in terms of business needs, technology and service requirements, and adherence with the GoA procurement policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the effective and efficient evaluation of proposals and quotations received; and
- Ensure that contracts for IMT products and services are appropriately negotiated and executed.
The successful Contractor will be precluded from responding to, or providing assistance to any individual or organization in relation to, any of the related CTS Procurement Solicitations for the new contractual arrangements.
Description of Services
- Develop procurement and contracting documentation most suitable to ensure business objectives are met through a transparent, fair and efficient open procurement process.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to the procurement and contracting methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package procurement deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Manage the procurement aspects of multiple projects, project managers and project governance.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget in relation to the procurement process.
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues in relation to the procurement process.
- Support the development of project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans for completion of project tasks in relation to the procurement process.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks as they relate to the procurement and contracting processes.
M2 - The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in business, management, supply chain management or a related discipline and 5-yr Procurement experience;
- 2-yr diploma in business, management, supply chain management or a related discipline and 7-yr Procurement experience;
- 1-yr certificate in business, management, supply chain management or a related discipline and 8-yr Procurement experience;
- 10-yr Procurement experience
M3 - Experience providing procurement specialist services including evaluation of responses, and management of RFP and procurement processes within an organization of comparable size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
M4 - Experience in public sector procurement processes including an understanding of trade agreements and competitive bid law.
M5 - Experience in business writing and communications for Executive or Senior Management.
M6 - Active participation in large, complex IT and/or Audio Visual procurement. Details must be provided and demonstrated in resume(s).
M7 - Experience with procurement processes for IT solutions and services (such as PQR, RFI, RFC, RFP, nRFP) in public sector.
M8 - Proposed resource must work from within Alberta, due to network and data security issues.
Standard Hours of work are 08:15 - 16:30 Alberta time
GoA does not pay for travel to attend on-site meetings
*Select 'Verified' for YES, 'Not Verified' for NO.
M9 - Proposed resource has agreed to an Enhanced Security Check upon contract award, which will be coordinated by GoA.
Must have the last 3 years continuous residency in either Canada or United States as minimum.
*Select 'Verified' for YES, 'Not Verified' for NO.
D1 - Experience in conducting or facilitating sessions with involvement from internal business units and external organizations.
D2 - Experience in contract negotiations and approval processes in a public sector environment.
D3 - Experience in a leadership and/or facilitation role.
D4 - Experience writing, evaluating and negotiating with vendors through a Negotiated Request for Proposal.
D5 - Experience in managing positive stakeholder relationships
D6 - Experience working with Court Services IT procurements
D7 - Experience in public sector procurement processes including an understanding of trade agreements and competitive bid law.
D8 - Experience independently performing activities related to developing and releasing RFP (request for proposal), NFRP (negotiated request for proposal), RFQ (request for quotation), RFI (request for information), negotiations, evaluation, supplier feedback, and contract execution.
D9 - Experience translating requirements into solicitation documents.
D10 - Proven ability to show initiative and exercise sound business judgement with decision making in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
*Examples must be provided in resume
D11 - Do you have related Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or your foreign credentials certified by Immigration Canada, IQAS or any accreditation acceptable to the Government of Canada or Alberta?
**Provide information regarding certification of foreign credentials.
*Enter “1” for “Yes” and “0” for “No”.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 249 days
Salary: From $65.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have Experience with procurement processes for IT solutions?
- Active participation in large, complex IT and/or Audio Visual procurement?
- Experience writing, evaluating and negotiating with vendors through a Negotiated Request for Proposal.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- 5 years (required)
Speak with the employer
+91 866 733-4974
Application deadline: 2023-05-16