New Job Intermediate Structural Engineer In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Intermediate Structural Engineer|
Intermediate Structural Engineer
Company : EnGlobe Corp.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Dare to join Englobe
At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment. With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting services to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values.
When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience.
And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel.
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy.
Englobe is looking for an Intermediate Structural Engineer for a full-time two weeks on, two weeks off rotational position on a long-term project being delivered within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. You will have your own private room in a company house, a vehicle provided, and a healthy Living Out Allowance (LOA) to cover your meal expenses. The ideal candidate can sit anywhere in the Atlantic provinces, and travel to/from site will be paid by Englobe. This is a great opportunity to enhance one’s professional experience, while receiving a competitive compensation package. If you have a strong work ethic, the drive for success, and the desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
- Promote a culture of safety by embracing the client’s safety protocols and adhering to OHS regulations.
- Perform structural condition assessments and site reviews, gather data, and prepare reports in collaboration with the Senior Structural Engineer and Project Manager.
- Perform inspection and analysis of steel structural elements and systems. Knowledge of a variety of other materials including concrete, masonry, and wood is an asset.
- Manage and/or generate deliverable documentation (i.e. drawings and specifications) for structural projects, which requires accuracy in calculations and/or completeness of data.
- Provide design sketches, and coordinate work with draftspersons and other engineering departments.
- Regularly review shop drawings and inspect ongoing remedial works.
- Develop design solutions and modifications when warranted by site conditions.
- Provide clear and concise reporting to supervisors.
- Execute projects in accordance with the client’s guidelines and standards.
- Provide feedback and innovative ideas to foster a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree considered a strong asset) with a specialty in structural engineering.
- Professional engineer with 5+ years of relevant structural design experience.
- Working knowledge and professional application of Canadian design codes and standards.
- Experience with inspecting and designing steel is a must. Concrete, timber, and masonry inspection and design are desirable.
- Experience in industrial facilities, especially within the mining industry, is an asset.
- Experience with the design of lifting devices and personal access structures is an asset.
- Experience in consulting engineering is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of QA/QC requirements for steel fabrication and erection is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while representing the company on site.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are key attributes.
- Proficiency in the use of structural analysis software is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Must be able to complete 2 weeks on/off rotational schedule.
- Registration, or eligibility for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng), with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland & Labrador (PEGNL).