New Job Intermediate Project Engineer - Oil & Energy In Alberta
|Intermediate Project Engineer - Oil & Energy|
Intermediate Project Engineer - Oil & Energy
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assumes ownership of the project scope, engineering budget and schedule, procurement activities and project technical standards;
- Manages and coordinates engineering deliverables and provides inter-discipline coordination for the design and engineering of the project;
- Assists the discipline leads in developing detailed work plans to support the project execution plan. Detailed work plans include the scope of work, list of deliverables, staffing plans, job-hours budget, and schedule of deliverables;
- Reviews and approves all project deliverables including, but not limited to, work packages, change orders, material requisitions, technical portion of bid tabs, engineering studies, quantity take-offs, job-hour forecasts, progress reports;
- Evaluates scope changes following management of change (MOC) process and recommends corrective actions to the program manager;
- Manages the flow of information between disciplines, procurement, construction, and third parties, to ensure project progress;
- Maintains open and constant contact with the program manager, procurement manager, project controls, construction manager and client contacts;
- Prepares or recommends project procedures, as required; and
- Maintains contact with the client, process licensor, project/jobsite personnel, sellers and regulatory Agencies.
- Five (5) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience.
- An Engineering degree from an accredited University.
- A licensed Professional Engineer of Alberta in good standing with APEGA
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, skilled in supervision, and leads the team by example;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills executing complex projects in a high pressure and fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- A self-motivated person who also motivates others;
- Communicates in a proactive, accurate and positive manner at all times and is comfortable with managing and resolving conflict when necessary;
- Technical ability and knowledge of project and field engineering processes
- Working knowledge of the industry and regulatory standards, procurement and construction systems and practices;
- Takes ownership for achieving the project engineering and construction goals with regards to safety, quality, health, environment, scope, cost and schedule;
- Demonstrated ability to identify practical “work-arounds” to maintain project goals and seeks to continuously improve current work practices and procedures where possible;
- Skilled in customer relationship management;
- Able to travel to client facilities and lead engineering teams on site with an emphasis on safe practices and efficient use of client resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.