New Job Intermediate Civil Structural In Alberta
|Intermediate Civil Structural|
Intermediate Civil Structural
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzing and designing new and existing structures (buildings, equipment structures) using advanced structural analysis software such as STAAD.Pro and S-Frame.
- Develop structural steel, concrete, foundations and piling calculations for buildings, equipment structures etc.
- Utilize NBCC, company and industry design guides to develop structural calculations.
- Receive technical and administrative supervision from an engineering supervisor.
- Receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Provide technical direction as appropriate to drafters, designers and others who provide design support assignments.
- Maintain contact with the discipline and interface with other disciplines as required.
- Participate in reviewing and checking design calculations, drawings and data prepared by other Engineers.
- Make basic decisions/planning concerning day-to-day engineering calculation preparation and drawing development.
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Professional engineering certification from APEGA.
- 5-10 years of experience preferably in the energy or mining industries.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Knowledge of the NBCC and industry standards.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understand roles played by other disciplines on the project.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.