New Job Innovation Project Coordinator In Nova Scotia
|Innovation Project Coordinator|
Innovation Project Coordinator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $70,849–$88,561 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Req ID: 157384
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Central Zone, Corporate Office
Department: RSH Research Innovation
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: Management/Non Union Position
Posting Closing Date: 12-Jun-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of Innovation, the Project Coordinator is responsible for project coordination activities on behalf of Research, Innovation and Discovery. The Coordinator will be supporting the development, and strategic and collaborative opportunities with partners from the private, public and research sectors. This role will interface with internal clinical departments to mobilize the launch of new services and demonstrate innovation thought leadership. Externally, the role will interface with the innovation ecosystem funders, private industry, academia, start-up companies, government departments, etc. The Project Coordinator will manage partnerships and collaborations, particularly with the private sector, that will result in increased resources to support research and innovation. The Project Coordinator will implement best practices in project coordination, including applying appropriate project management frameworks and methodologies. The Project Coordinator ensures continuous improvement to advance a vision of excellence within their areas of responsibility for the development, maintenance and monitoring of quality programs, and compliance with relevant legislation, standards and accreditation requirements.
This role will be critical to establishing the infrastructure internally and the partnerships externally to support the introduction of new technologies and services at NS Health. It will leverage strategic thinking capabilities, business acumen, effective collaboration, and relationship development.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years' professional experience in business administration, business management, marketing, or a related field required
- Proven experience in strategic planning for research enterprises, particularly in public institutions.
- Experience in the academic environment is preferred.
- Proven track record in pursuit of major research funding, partnership-building and investment attraction.
- Preferred experience in government relations.
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and projects and with stakeholder liaison and management.
- Experience in the local health sciences ecosystem is a definite asset.
- Business planning and budget management experience.
- Experience in project management principles and implementation would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy impact and development.
- Knowledge of health care organizations and the health sector.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and interact with all clients in scope.
- High level of competence in both written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with diversity of staff and stakeholders, with knowledge of cultural competence, diversity and social inclusion.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and monitor quality and performance indicators and benchmarks related to the workforce.
- Sound knowledge of information systems and financial management.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Hours of Work
Permanent, Full-Time (75 hours biweekly)
Anticipated start date of July 17th 2023.
Dates are approximate and are subject to change.
$36.34 - $45.42 hourly
$70,848.63 - $88,560.79 annually
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.