New Job Information Technology Consultants (Itc) In Prince Edward Island
|Information Technology Consultants (ITC)|
Information Technology Consultants (ITC)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $36.51–$45.66 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
Information Technology Consultants (ITC) opportunities with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $36 - $45 an hour
- Pension and Benefits
- Flexible Working Hours (Hybrid)
- Full Time Permanent
- and much more!
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals.
As the primary liaison between IT Shared Services and one or more assigned departments, the IT Consultant (ITC) serves as the senior IT leader is responsible for ensuring client satisfaction relating to all IT services. These positions will provide strategic advice and high-level assistance in support of critical systems used by Government to deliver services to Islanders.
The ITC ensures their work in the section adds value by meeting the goals set by the ITSS Strategic Plan and aligns to the Digital Strategy and IMIT Foundations of the Government of PEI.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the strategy, priorities, processes, finances, challenges and opportunities of departments and developing and maintaining a complete portfolio view of all departmental IT investments;
- Acting as the lead in the creation and maintenance of departmental IT strategy and associated roadmaps of IT Investments within the department(s) and providing product/application lifecycle management (governance, development and maintenance) of the systems;
- Planning, coordinating and supporting information systems delivery in Government including; determining a recommended delivery approach and delivery environment, providing a project management service, developing an information manual documenting the use of Systems, assisting client departments in their business continuity plans, and troubleshooting systems problems and issues to ensure swift resolution and client satisfaction;
- Supervising the technical implementation delivery team by providing day to day leadership for ITSS staff; demonstrating best practices and strong technical capabilities to develop, program, and configure systems;
- Researching and writing Specification Documents, Request for Proposals (RFPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and Contracts;
- Managing, monitoring and evaluating SLAs and Contracts to ensure responsibilities are fulfilled, service levels are achieved, changes are made as required, and problems are resolved;
- Other related duties.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field such as Business Administration supplemented with relevant course work (Public Administration, Management Development, Human Resources Development, Business Analysis and Project Management);
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
- Extensive experience in Operational Management (IT System Administration, Application Management, Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management, Contract & Vendor Management) preferably in public sector;
- Experience with developing business cases, request for proposals, funding proposals, contract and vendor management especially negotiating IT vendor contracts and managing service level agreements;
- Experience in business relationship management and dealing with clients on an executive or professional level;
- Experience with developing IT Roadmaps and IT Strategic Plans, working in a complex application environment and using multiple application program interfaces (API);
- Experience in maintaining software configuration management, dealing with application and middleware licensing and an understanding on how licensing models impact hardware infrastructure;
- Extensive experience in the management of business information systems, leading projects and supervising staff;
- Strong technical abilities in programming and system configuration, knowledge of management principles and practices related to the management of Information/Technology, Demand and Portfolio;
- Must have leadership and management skills including strong interpersonal, communication, strategic thinking, negotiating, planning, organizational, budget preparation and financial management;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please Note: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The "Notification of Successful Candidates" list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.51-$45.66 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 1R1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- developing IT Roadmaps and IT Strategic Plans: 1 year (required)
- Degree in Computer Science (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-09