New Job I&L Senior Administrative Assistant In Alberta
|I&L Senior Administrative Assistant|
I&L Senior Administrative Assistant
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $34.76–$36.59 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Senior Administrative Assistant is the executive assistant to the Inspections & Licensing Management Team and also provides administrative support to the Development Officers under the direction of the Senior Development Officer. The Senior Administrative Assistant assists the Administrative Assistant positions, as well as the Customer Service Specialist positions as needed.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Two year Diploma in a related field.
- 4 years of senior administrative or secretarial experience.
- Knowledge of zoning bylaws, compliance certificates, construction terminology, and construction/development plans.
- Ability to accurately type 55 wpm and input data into a computer working with various applications.
- Ability to understand and communicate various bylaws, acts, manuals, etc. as required.
- Ability to deal effectively face to face, over the phone and in writing with difficult customers.
- Ability to work as a team player and work independently with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time in a department where there are a wide range of issues and challenges and high volume of work with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities and ensure that essentials tasks are completed with accuracy within rigid deadlines.
- Knowledge of The City’s financial computer system and the computer network.
- Knowledge of administrative, financial, records management and online procedures
Commissioner for Oaths Designation and Peace Officer status must be attainable
- Ability to learn and apply various computer programs in day-to-day operations
- Understand and ability to communicate statistics or figures, zoning, development process, parking procedures, and make ongoing interpretations of the Land Use Bylaw, Traffic Bylaw, Community Standards Bylaw and other various bylaws.
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$34.76 to $36.59 per hour.
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly, Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The term of this position is anticipated to be approximately 1 year.
We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.