New Job Hydrologic Engineer In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $76,730–$97,478 a year
Location : Manitoba
EG3 Engineer 3
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Hydrologic Forecasting and Water Management, Engineering and Technical Services
Advertisement Number: 40605
Salary(s): EG3 $76,730.00 - $97,478.00 per year
Closing Date: May 22, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Hydrologic Forecasting and Water Management ensures safe and effective provincial water control infrastructure and structures, through the delivery of inspection, planning, design, maintenance, rehabilitation and construction activities. The branch is responsible for the overall management of infrastructure inventory that includes: bridges, large culverts, thru-dike culverts, drains, dams, reservoirs, water control structures, diversions and pumping stations. They provide water management through operation of the provincial water control system, flood forecasting, and development and implementation of emergency response plans.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Bachelor level degree in Engineering (civil preferred) or equivalent Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba qualifications
- Must be a registered member (or be eligible for registration) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba
- Must be able work for extended hours and shift work when required
- Must be able to occasionally work in an outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to occasionally work in hazardous conditions such as ice, water and traffic
- Experience working with hydraulic theory including flood routing and open channel hydraulics
- Experience working with engineering hydrology
- Experience working with ESRI Geographic Information System Tools
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to prepare technical and non-technical reports
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills including the ability to manage projects with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Manitoba Infrastructure’s mission is to ensure safe, reliable, and sustainable infrastructure and services for Manitoba and its communities. The Hydrologic Engineer is responsible for providing hydrologic investigations for the design and planning of water management infrastructure and to provide hydrologic analysis for flood mitigation planning and proposals. The Hydrologic Engineer is also required to provide technical support during flood season developing GIS data products, processing Radarsat imagery for river and lake ice monitoring, and conducting hydrologic analyses.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.