New Job Human Resource Consultant In Manitoba
|Human Resource Consultant|
Human Resource Consultant
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $68,806–$83,407 a year
Location : Manitoba
Human Resource Consultant
P5 Professional Officer 5
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Advertisement Number: 12023
Salary(s): P5 $68,806.00 - $83,407.00 per year
Closing Date: May 14, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Legislative Assembly is looking for an experienced Human Resource Consultant to provide a full range of human resource services to the Assembly and its Independent Offices.
The incumbent of this position is an employee of the Legislative Assembly.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate with specialization in Human Resources or equivalent combination of related education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience within the domain of recruitment and selection and the competitive process cycle.
- Demonstrated experience providing general human resource consulting services including employee/labour relations, disability management, compensation and position classification.
- Superior consulting and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience providing innovative and effective advice to all levels of management, including senior level, on human resource issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acts, regulations and practices affecting human resource activities.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to write for a senior level audience.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex content to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Experience with HRIS/HRMS systems (such as SAP, Success Factors, etc.)
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resource Services, the Human Resource Consultant (HRC) provides a broad range of human resource services to the political and non-political offices of the Legislative Assembly and its Independent Offices (Elections Manitoba, the Office of the Ombudsman, Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth, and the Office of the Auditor General).
Duties will include: providing support and consultation to senior-level leaders, managers, and employees on a variety of labour and employee relations issues including effectively interpreting HR policies and programs; leading and participating in the full-cycle recruitment process; participating in, and reporting on, investigations; position reviews and classification analysis, as well as supportive employment coordination which includes disability management, accommodations and return to work programs within frameworks of policies and legislation specific to the Legislative Assembly, the Independent Offices and the Public Service.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.