New Job Hse Lead In Saskatchewan
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Location: Leroy, SK, Jansen Site
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The construction HSE Lead is responsible for the implementation, coordination, and maintenance of the health, safety, and environmental management system (HSEMS). This position reports to the Construction HSE manager. The HSE lead supports the Construction HSE manager to ensure the HSEMS implemented for the project is compliant to all applicable provincial occupational health, safety, and environmental legislation. The incumbent must have the necessary training, knowledge, and related experience in construction execution, and possess the skills necessary to interact with personnel from all levels including construction management, client representatives, subcontractors, and workers. A working knowledge of construction management philosophy in overseeing contracts is also essential.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure contractor compliance with Provincial Occupational Health & Safety/Bantrel/Client policies, regulations, safe work practices, and standard operating procedures.
- Perform Client and Bantrel safety orientations as requested.
- Perform Formal inspection/BBS observation/Focus inspections on a weekly basis
- Assist with the trend analysis of BBS data.
- Provide support to field staff on BBS observation process.
- Assist with strategy development to reduce at-risk behaviours and reinforcement of positive behaviours.
- Ensure daily STARRT program is signed off by all supervision
- Ensure STARRT cards are reviewed and feedback is provided to the subcontractors
- Ensure prompt reporting and documentation of all incidents by subcontractors
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with the EHS program by performing site tours
- Participate in inspection programs; follow-up on outstanding items
- Review completion of equipment checks, crane logs, fire extinguisher inspections
- Assisting with training of construction personnel
- Ensure all action items are resolved from weekly inspections, safety meetings, Incident investigations and Health & Safety Committee meetings
- Assist with the selection and proper use of all PPE
- Ensure that all cranes/hoists/manlifts have current certification and complete logbooks
- Attend weekly DFL and subcontractor safety meetings
- Attend subcontractor coordination meetings as required
- Provide incident investigation support as needed
- Work closely with field supervision to ensure the project safety program is implemented and followed
- Ensure permit system is functioning as required
- Assist with review of incident trends to ensure program is modified as necessary
- Saskatchewan Potash Underground Training Experience
- 10 years Industrial Construction, with 5 years of basic instructional experience
- 2 years in a Supervisory role
- Knowledge of the provincial workplace safety and regulations
- Training experience with: Working at Heights-Fundamentals of Fall Protection; WHMIS Aerial Equipment; Confined Space etc. (Must always maintain valid and up-to-date certification)
- Minimum 5-years experience in this position or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with computer and mobile applications
- Be able to work within a team environment as well as work without supervision
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.