New Job Hr Mgr Occ Health Safe & Disabil Mgmt In Ontario
|HR MGR OCC HEALTH SAFE & DISABIL MGMT|
HR MGR OCC HEALTH SAFE & DISABIL MGMT
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $122,000–$158,105 a year
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 38087
Division & Section: People & Equity, Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full-time,1 Permanent Vacancy
Salary: $122,000.00-$158,105.00, TM2078 and wage grade 8.
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 03-MAY-2023 to 17-MAY-2023
- Manages a team of Human Resources professionals in providing occupational health safety and disability management services to a portfolio of divisional clients
- Responsible for advocating a zero injuries workplace philosophy including the promotion, planning, program implementation and monitoring of safe work practices
- Manages a team providing expertise in the area of occupational health and safety, including incident investigation, hazard investigation, health and safety audits, Joint Health and Safety Committee development, training and certification
- Manages a team in the provision of expertise and consultation to managers and employees in all aspects of disability management and return to work including injury/illness under the WSIB and non-occupational illness and injury for short-term and long-term disability
- Provides leadership to the team in results oriented program planning with client divisions on service priorities, service standards and objectives.
- Provides leadership in setting a high standard of communication, collaboration and constructive working relationships
- Responds strategically to assist clients with emerging health and safety legislative, regulatory and policy changes
- Participates or leads in the development of policies, programs and procedures related to occupational health, safety and disability management
- Ensures the preparation of regular reporting of health, safety and WSIB matters
- Post-secondary education in a professional discipline pertinent to the job function combined with relevant management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and management experience.
- Extensive experience in the human resources field with a specialization in the Occupational Health, Safety and Workers’ Compensation area, as demonstrated by past successes. Candidates with work experience operating under Ontario legislation will be preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in effectively developing and leading others to deliver strong program outcomes, backed by experience in managing or leading a team. Applicants with work experience in directly managing staff will be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and application of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, disability management, Collective Agreements and human resource policies and practices.
- Extensive experience establishing partnerships and providing and enhancing customer service utilizing consultation skills at all levels within the organization.
- Extensive experience in applying highly developed analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify needs, options, and opportunities for change/improvement and recommend solutions to related issues.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills in order to interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the City's motto, mission, values and ethics.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.