New Job Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic In Nunavut
|Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic|
Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $65,000–$90,000 a year
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic
- Be part of dynamic team that is safety driven and values work-life balance.
- We reward hard work through professional training and career opportunities.
- Experience (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic.
Where you will be working
CFS Alert is the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement in the world. It is currently a military station located in Nunavut on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. The area features beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna which thrives all year long. CFS Alert is a true cold gem located in the Canadian Arctic that only a few get to see.
About the role
Nasittuq is looking for Heavy Duty Technicians / Mechanics to join our operations team in (CFS) Alert, Nunavut. This position will be responsible for the maintenance of the heavy equipment and vehicles and will work 48 hours per week with two rotation options: a) 8x8 rotation (8 weeks on-site and 8 weeks on leave) or b) 8x4 rotation (8 weeks onsite / 4 weeks on leave). Work is carried out in a remote Arctic location with exposure to severe outdoor winter weather conditions.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be:
- Maintaining and servicing all vehicles and equipment for DND, Nasittuq and Government employee use
- Performing all first and second line repairs, inspections and preventative maintenance to all vehicles and equipment
- Performing as required on-site repair services
What you will bring
- Certified Motor Vehicle Mechanic & Truck and Coach Technician (310S & 310T), including Diesel endorsement
- OR Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic Off-Road Earth Moving Equipment (421A)
- 5+ years experience in maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment
- Qualified to operate vehicles containing hazardous materials
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre- employment medical
- As over-nighting in Thule Greenland is a frequent requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required.
What we offer
- The positions in Alert are Fly In/Fly out.
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- Salary rate, $41.22 h plus $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked.
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
- Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process .
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.