New Job Global Banking And Markets - Sales And Trading Internship/Co-Op - Summer 2024 - Montreal In Quebec
|Global Banking and Markets - Sales and Trading Internship/Co-op - Summer 2024 - Montreal|
Global Banking and Markets - Sales and Trading Internship/Co-op - Summer 2024 - Montreal
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 177921
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Term: May to August 2024
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
There's no better way to find your dream job than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
Who We Are:
Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign currencies, and commodities. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank.
The Capital Markets, Sales & Trading Internship is a four-month position at Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets that is designed to introduce undergraduate and graduate students to the stimulating and dynamic environment of wholesale sales & trading. The objective of the internship is to identify exceptional candidates for full-time opportunities or a second internship with the GBM Capital Markets team. All interns will have access to our mentorship program where students are teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for both professional and personal development. Additionally there is a capstone project for all interns that provides them the opportunity to learn about a different business area and build additional professional relationships.
We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience, and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Provide assistance to the Sales, Trading and Structuring staff on the trade floor in the execution of their day-to-day functions
- Assist in preparing client pitches and presentations, daily market commentary and providing timely client support
- Work on research projects as required
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics or Math discipline
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, and competitions/hackathons
- You have a demonstrated interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- You have a proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- You have the ability to overcome challenges presented by a constantly changing work environment
- Having a working knowledge of VBA, Python or other programming languages is a bonus!
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How do I apply?
We believe in relationships over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don’t believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you’re truly about; we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know… this might sound unbelievable, but we do not want you to submit your resume and instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile and your most recent transcript.
- To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all three steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.