New Job General Manager In Training In Saskatchewan
|General Manager in Training
General Manager in Training
Company : Planet Fitness Franchises
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
General Manager in Training -
Planet Fitness, a private equity backed fitness retailer, is seeking candidates for the role of a General Manager in Training. The General Manager in Training will train alongside a current General Manager to lead and support a team dedicated to delivering an excellent experience and revenue growth simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to every level of the gym's overall success. This involves overseeing the entire operation of the club with the focus on providing a superior customer experience, establishing relationships within the community, developing a full staff all while staying within the operational budget set for the club. The General Manager in Training is responsible for achieving targeted results in the areas of financial sustainability, customer satisfaction, revenue/sales performance, and financial returns. They will be accountable for the successful management, administration, and daily operations of the gym. We are looking for a leader who is results-oriented and committed to quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively recruit, lead, manage, communicate, train and develop an entire staff including Assistant Manager, Front Desk employees, and Fitness Instructors.
- Ensure the club opens and closes on time as scheduled using the proper protocols.
- Ensure that all issues within the club and on-line, involving both employees and members, are addressed in an appropriate, respectful and timely manner.
- Promote a superior customer experience within the club
- Complete annual Management appraisals.
- Actively promote the Planet Fitness brand within local communities.
- Ensure accurate and timely daily deposits.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of staff to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Monitor inventory in the club, ensuring there are adequate supplies.
- Monitor and oversee employee payroll and scheduling ensuring the club is adequately staffed at all times.
- Responsible for Brand Excellence Review coordination and on-going preparation.
- Responsible for completing monthly self-inspections.
- Ensure the accuracy of club documentation.
Typical Hours (Initial training hours may vary as well as when the needs of the facility change.)
- Monday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: OFF
- Sunday: OFF
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Physical Requirements: Ability to talk and hear, sit, stand, and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
- Two (2+) years Supervisor or Manager experience in a restaurant or retail environment in a high-volume atmosphere or two years Planet Fitness experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required
- A Bachelor's Degree or four years supervisor or manager experience preferred
- Ability to travel to other clubs as needed
- Bilingual a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Company contribution towards health benefits that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Critical Illness
- Paid Time Off benefits (if applicable)
- 401K plan
Planet Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer