New Job General Maintenance I Worker In Newfoundland And Labrador
|General Maintenance I Worker|
General Maintenance I Worker
Company : Town of Torbay
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
General Maintenance I Worker
Two (2) Positions
15-Week Position: May 25th - August 30th
13-Week Position: June 8th - August 30th
The Town of Torbay is seeking the services of two (2) General Maintenance I classification employees to work in its Infrastructure and Public Works Department during the summer months.
The primary function of this classification is to provide municipal services to the Town's residents by maintaining the Town's buildings, open space sites, play fields, playgrounds, and associated equipment.
- Monitor and maintain all Town owned buildings, including cleaning and general housekeeping.
- Monitor and maintain all Town owned open space sites, playfields and playgrounds.
- Monitor and maintain equipment associated with the department.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Responsible for facility setup that is required for rentals, programs and special events.
The General Maintenance I worker:
- Must be an energetic person who is well rounded in their performance of various maintenance tasks. Experience in parks maintenance, indoor recreation facility maintenance, and a class 5 license. Training and experience in carpentry would be a definite asset.
- Must be capable of operating landscaping equipment such as lawn mowers and lawn trimmers, safely operate a truck with trailer in tow and be able to load and unload lawn care equipment.
- Must be able to provide an RNC code of conduct and a vulnerable sector check certificate.
- Must be capable of being insured (and maintaining continuity) under the Town's normal driver insurance policy.
While performing the essential functions of this position, there is frequent need to sit for extended period in vehicles or other equipment, stand, walk, talk, hear, distinguish between shades of color, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and lift and/or move 30 pounds.
While performing the essential functions of this position in the field, there is potential for exposure to disagreeable environmental factors, such as outside weather conditions, dampness/humidity, vehicular traffic, toxic/caustic substances, fumes, odors, and unrestrained animals.
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of extremely physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavy objects (50-100 pounds).
This position will report to the Supervisor of Infrastructure & Public Works for day-to-day direction and to the Director of Infrastructure and Public Works in the supervisor's absence.
Rate of Pay
As per the collective agreement.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter, resume, copy of driver's license, driver's abstract, certificate of conduct and all other relevant training and/or education certificates/diplomas to Mark Whalen, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] no later than 4:00PM on Friday, May 12th, 2023.
The Town of Torbay wishes to thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.