New Job G11-G12 English Teacher In Alberta
|G11-G12 English Teacher|
G11-G12 English Teacher
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $20–$40 an hour
Location : Alberta
$20–$45 an hour
Our company’s mission is to help support English Language Learners to reach their learning goals in a supportive educational environment. We use current and engaging materials, which are relevant to the local curriculum. We strive to personalize the learning experience to meet the challenges of each unique learner, while still allowing them to benefit from the collaborative environment a small group class can provide.
We want to support English as Second Language learners with in-person area-specific classes in Calgary. Are you looking to earn extra income while making a difference, then its time to join the NeoBright team; your students are waiting for you.
We Offer Competitive Rates:
- Teachers are paid more for larger classes and receive $25 for 1:1/1:2 lessons, as class size increases so do your hourly rate, by an additional 3 dollars per student.
- Your time is valuable to us too! Teachers receive compensation for marking and planning, as well as attending staff meetings.
- Currently there are also opportunities to assist the creation and modification of teaching materials.
Current Openings in Calgary:
2 individuals to deliver lessons with a focus on the high school English Language Arts curriculum. Materials are provided, with the opportunity to adapt lessons for compensation.
- These positions are in class and taught in person.
- These positions are NOT for online teaching.
- Group class teaching/tutoring;
- One to One teaching/tutoring;
- Grading assessments and assignments;
- Providing feedback about students' performance;
- Meeting and consulting with the service team to answer questions and provide information.
- At least one year of teaching experience in CANADIAN public, Catholic or private Junior High/ High School (NOT in tutoring institutions)
- A willingness to work outside of public school hours.
- A positive and inclusive growth-mindset.
- Good teaching skills and an affinity for children.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Canadian teaching or interim certificate.
- TESOL, TEFL, TESL or other relevant certification.
- Education degree from a Canadian University.
- Familiarity with WeChat, PPT, ClassIn and Zoom.
- Familiarity with local curriculum and provincial exams (AB).
- Flexible schedule.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 6-20 per week
Salary: $20.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Evening shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Teachers and students are supposed to wear masks when having offline classes.
Work Location: In person