New Job Firefighter In Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $88,000–$106,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Department of Infrastructure (INF) provides high quality services to the public and Government of the Northwest Territories’ (GNWT) departments, boards and agencies including the planning, design, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public transportation infrastructure and the buildings, works and equipment required for the GNWT to deliver its programs and services. INF makes essential petroleum products available for sale to the public where these products are not provided by the private sector, and promotes the development and increased use of energy efficient technologies. INF also regulates electrical and mechanical safety services and licenses individuals and vehicles operating in the territory.
For more information please refer to the Department of Infrastructure website at http://www.inf.gov.nt.ca/
The Firefighter is responsible for combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires, with the objective of saving lives and property.
- Operating major crash/fire vehicles at the scene of an emergency;
- Responding to a variety of emergency situations (Aircraft, Medical, Hazardous Materials, Dangerous Goods, Fuel Spill, Escort Duties);
- Operating a variety of fire suppression equipment;
- Operating a variety of rescue equipment;
- Properly wearing special protective clothing.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Completion of NFPA 1001 Level I and II
- Fire Officer NFPA 1021 Level I
- Fire Instructor NFPA 1041 Level I
- Emergency Medical Responder Certificate
- Current First Aid Instructor Certification
- Restricted Radio Operators course (ROC-A)
- Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- NT Class 3 Driver’s License with Airbrake endorsement
- Transport Canada security clearance through a Criminal Records Check (RAIC)
- Departmental entry level fitness test
- Annual physical abilities standard test
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.