New Job Finance Clerk/Reception In Nova Scotia
Company : Town of Bridgewater
Salary : $45,028–$58,537 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Finance Clerk/Reception - Finance Department
WORK WITH US
Bridgewater is a thriving town of more than 8,800 people, nestled in the heart of the historic LaHave River Valley. Known as the "Main Street of the South Shore," Bridgewater offers numerous services and industries to its citizens and the Lunenburg County region. Over the past decade, the Town of Bridgewater has emerged as an international leader in sustainability and energy transition planning and programming.
The Town of Bridgewater is committed to offering equal employment opportunities based on qualifications and performance, and free from discrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, family status, gender identity, or other protected characteristics, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Human Rights Code. At the Town of Bridgewater, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment, and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources
ABOUT THE ROLE
Assists with the accounting functions for the Town as well as acting as phone reception for the Town. This role also requires working at the front counter daily, during breaks, lunch and absences of Customer service representative ("CSR"). Supports other finance functions by providing support or back up coverage as required.
Required Qualifications: Education:
- Post-secondary diploma in a one- or two-year program in Business Administration, Accounting, or another related field is required.
- Minimum of three years of experience with accounting or bookkeeping is required.
- Previous experience with customer service/reception in an office setting is a strong asset. Municipal experience is preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities:
- Exceptional verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- File management, data entry, and other administrative procedures.
- Basic knowledge of finance procedures including procurement, accounts payable, and receivable is an asset.
- Knowledge of municipal government processes and operations is an asset.
- Working knowledge of accounting software is an asset. Familiarity with TownSuite is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of payroll is considered an asset.
View the full job description at www.bridgewater.ca
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position operates out of the Town Hall main office.
- Regular hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (35 hours per week).
- Salary: $45,028 - 58,537 (Group 2)
Interested individuals should forward a resume, cover letter. Submission should be sent in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Competition# TOB FINCLRK_2023
Deadline to apply: May 26, 2023