New Job Field Nurse Case Manager In Quebec
|Field Nurse Case Manager|
Field Nurse Case Manager
Company : Bayshore HealthCare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Make “being the difference” your Career at Bayshore
Bayshore is looking for caring and capable Field Nurse Case Managers to join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. As a trusted partner, Bayshore is working to respond and provide much needed services to its clients and communities across Canada. We can offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work, within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
Why Join Us
- Chart your path – Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer part-time, full-time, and casual opportunities, designed to empower you. Choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle.
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you realize the future you want, and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts. We also offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family on top of paid sick days.
- Do what you love – Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of patient-oriented care? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with lots of autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors.
- Shape the wellbeing of our clients & communities – Create special moments for clients every day
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Field Nurse Case Manager (FNCM) will play an essential role in supporting patients living with a dermatological disease to improve both their health outcomes and quality of life. FNCM offers enrolment and reimbursement support to physicians and medical case management services to patients. Assists the physician with the completion of all program-specific paperwork and follow-up on submissions pertaining to obtaining drug reimbursement/coverage through private and provincial drug formularies to ensure patients have access to their prescribed treatments in a timely manner. Acts as a key resource to physicians who are prescribing this medication and continuous support for renewals, and coverage changes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Assist the prescribing physician to complete patient enrolment; including on-site visits to the physician office to gather all pertinent and appropriate information to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Liaise and advocate with third-party providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options.
- Review patient charts in physician office (paper and electronic based); keep electronic charts
- Ensure patients are scheduled for blood work and notify physicians of expired blood work results
- Complete Welcome Call activities with the patient according to defined scripts
- Facilitate any required communication with physicians, Patient Assistant Programs or other health care professionals involved in the patients’ circle of
- Follow-up/advocate until a decision is received, ideally securing coverage for the
- Work closely with the manufacturer local sales representatives to support specific Physician’s and staff needs
- Offer and/or provide educational training to patients and physicians on product’s administration
- Act as a central resource liaison for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients and clinics.
- Provide updates to stakeholders based on observations in the field and physician’s
- Ensure patient records are maintained and data accurate to meet program reporting requirements.
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to Health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems
- Report and document Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance requirements
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System as well as specific performance indicators for the project
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Travel to physician’s offices on a regular basis as requested by the physician’s office
- Complete all relevant reports (time sheets, expenses, mileage, reports ) as per specified timelines and Bayshore’s policy
- Complete product complaint reports
- Adhere to Bayshore and manufacturer Policies and Procedures
- Complete other tasks as requested
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse (RN/RPN) License
- Preference with Candidates that have experience with the disease state
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Patient Support Programs
- Excellent customer service skills internally as well as externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; English and French considered an asset
- Reimbursement experience
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria and how to navigate the Canadian Drug Coverage Landscape.
- Familiarity with the Special Authorization process for both public and private insurance in assigned territory.
- Strong computer and technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web- portals/internet use
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ease with makingdecisions using sound judgment, and meeting
- Accurate data collection and data integrity
- Ease with working in a paperless
- Ability to drive for results
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional matter
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
- Self-regulation of time management and the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and how it applies in a confidential patient
- Valid driver’s license with less than 2 infractions in the past 2 years
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Division: Bayshore Specialty Rx
Setting: Variety of patient care settings
Location: Quebec City