New Job Facilities Planner / Auto Cad Officer In Yukon
|Facilities Planner / Auto CAD Officer|
Facilities Planner / Auto CAD Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $80,913–$93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill a fulltime, 1 year term, anticipatory perm, TA’s considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
Property Management Division of Highways & Public Works builds and maintains government buildings to provide safe workplaces for YG employees and public access to government services. We provide planning, design, project management, maintenance, custodial and grounds keeping services to Yukon’s buildings by employing tradespeople, architects, engineers, laborers, administrators, and others.
Realty and Capital Asset Planning (RCAP) is a unit within the Property Management Division of Highways and Public Works. The unit is responsible for planning major capital building projects and planning/managing Yukon government’s owned and leased space portfolios. RCAP is looking for a Facilities Planner/AutoCAD Officer to join the team.
Reporting to the Manager of Realty & Planning Services and working within a team environment, the position is responsible for developing and implementing planning processes to identify departmental space needs; establishing space planning and utilization strategies to maximize the use of existing space and optimize the use of government resources; participating in implementing the approved office space plan; and managing the inventory of Yukon government’s owned and leased building portfolios.
The Facilities Planner/AutoCAD Officer will be identifying options and presenting recommendations to address office space requirements for client departments; producing conceptual drawings for renovations and/or new space in owned and leased buildings; acting as the project manager for those projects where the landlord is the contracting authority; and supervising other Facilities Planners in RCAP’s team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume)
We will screen your resume based on these qualifications. If you have these qualifications, ensure you clearly expand upon them (for each applicable employer) in your resume. Prior to applying, refer to our sample resume to assist you in your application.
- Completion of post-secondary education (preferably with an emphasis on architecture, planning or interior design)
- Experience producing drawings in AutoCAD
- Experience and/or qualifications in property, project, or asset management
- Supervising experience
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Knowledge of facility planning methodologies, principals of architectural design and space planning
- The ability to analyze and make recommendations to senior management and clients
- The ability to supervise a team as well as work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively, with tact and diplomacy, with a broad range of internal and external clients
- Strong research and planning skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Yukon
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Andrea Finner, A/Manager Realty & Space Planning, [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Jennifer Collon, Human Resources Consultant, [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through e-recruitment.