New Job Executive Director In Newfoundland And Labrador
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
CBDC Nortip is part of a network of 41 autonomous, independent, not for profit organizations throughout Atlantic Canada that work in cooperation with all levels of Government and the private sector in the development of small business. CBDC Nortip supports the creation, expansion and modernization of small and medium sized businesses by providing financial assistance, skills training, and counselling services to entrepreneurs.
The Corporation is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the duties of Executive
Director to lead and manage a team located at its Plum Point, NL office. This is a full-time salaried position that reports directly to a Board of Directors, with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with education and experience.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Being the public face of the CBDC and responsible for work plans, operational and investment budgets as well as annual reports.
- The overall promotion and public relations of the Corporation and relationship with
- Preparation of reports and submissions to ACOA and other Government partners.
Managing the annual audit process as well as the annual budget and preparing reports and information for Board Meetings.
- Identifying potential risk factors for the Corporation and ensuring proper risk mitigation processes are in place.
- Reviewing all completed applications for business loans and being responsible for loan underwriting and supervising all other non-loan programs. Responding to client inquiries and performing client follow-ups.
- Managing the overall loan portfolio and overseeing the management of credit and collection issues. Assisting with the preparation or review of legal documentation, interest rate reviews, collection of financial statements and loan payments.
Candidates for this position should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills as well as strong technical and financial knowledge to minimize risk and protect the Corporation's loan portfolio. HR management and organizational skills along with commercial lending experience, good financial statement analysis skills and the ability to understand contracts and legal documents, as well as a strong knowledge of business planning are also attributes that the preferred candidate would hold.
The above knowledge is normally acquired through the completion of a university degree in Business
Administration or a related field of study and 3-5 years work experience in commercial lending.
Equivalent knowledge and expertise may be obtained through a combination of training and work experience in business development or banking.
Resumes will be accepted until 4 PM on Friday, June 2, 2023, and should be forwarded to the following address: P.O. Box 140, Plum Point, NL A0K 4A0, or emailed to [email protected]
Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-02