New Job Executive Assistant - Saskatchewan Firearms Office In Saskatchewan
|Executive Assistant - Saskatchewan Firearms Office|
Executive Assistant - Saskatchewan Firearms Office
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Firearms Secretariat is responsible for supporting safe communities by managing the ownership, purchase, movement, and use of firearms within the province through the administration of federal firearms legislation.
The Chief Firearms Officer requires a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the Chief Firearms Officer. In this key position you will manage various policy issues and projects on behalf of the Chief Firearms Officer and provide advice and guidance to the Chief Firearms Officer on major program, policy, and administrative issues. This position is a member of the senior management committee and represents the committees/projects. The Executive Assistant is the Ministry’s key liaison with the Minister’s Office, ensuring all written and verbal requests are responded to in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Firearms Officer, Saskatchewan Firearms Office (SFO) will be based in Saskatoon.
Our Candidate of choice will possess broad based skills including:
- Strong analytical and policy skills to comprehend the ministry goals and strategies and understand how they relate to government's strategic direction.
- Effective written and oral communications skills to relay information and explain the rationale behind decisions and persuade others to achieve goals or resolve problems.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail to plan and manage work in an effective manner, track achievements, take corrective action and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills to identify and address ministry and government program issues and assess the potential impacts of decisions on public/client interest and concerns.
- Efficient collaboration and relationship building skills to resolve problems, address and manage sensitive and differing needs and agendas of multiple stakeholders, and carry out ministry business to ensure successful outcomes.
To be successful in the position, you will be aware of ministry and government issues and programs, and the impact of decisions on citizens and stakeholders. You will be sensitive to the differing needs and perspectives of multiple partners and ensure program policies are consistent with the strategic direction of the ministry and government.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position will have been acquired through completion of a degree in business, public policy, public administration or a related discipline and government experience.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.
- Inclusive work environments.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
- Flexible work arrangements.
Conditions of Employment: The following are required for this position:
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work variable hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability security clearance.