New Job Entry To Mid-Level Chemical Plant Operator (Nachurs Alpine Solutions) New Hamburg, On, Canada In Ontario
|Entry to Mid-level Chemical Plant Operator (Nachurs Alpine Solutions) New Hamburg, ON, Canada|
Entry to Mid-level Chemical Plant Operator (Nachurs Alpine Solutions) New Hamburg, ON, Canada
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25 an hour
Location : Ontario
Do you have experience with inspecting pumps, tanks, and production lines for proper and safe operation? Are you someone who is able to climb and is comfortable with heights while wearing proper PPE, such as a respirator? Do you have a strong safety work ethic? If so, this may be the job for you!
For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Chemical Operator is responsible for taking daily inventory, completing daily production, and unloading raw materials.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Work experience in a Chemical Plant/Company required
- Class A CDL preferred
- Minimum of a high school diploma / GED
- Work experience in a technical or quality-sensitive position
- Strong safety work ethic
- Comfortable with the use of computer/electronic equipment
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and be comfortable with heights
- Required to operate a skid loader and forklift
- A respirator is required from time to time due to production fumes (aqua ammonia, acetic acid, phosphoric acid, and potassium hydroxide) and/or dust (urea)
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Operate all the production processes according to procedures. Open and close tanks and production lines to move raw materials to the reactor and finished products to the storage tanks
- Complete mixing report documenting product quantity
- Inspect pumps, production lines, and tanks daily for leaks
- Frequent walking to complete inventory and check for leaks, and open/close production tank valves
- Clean tanks, screens, and filters
- Monitor the cooling tower for proper operation
- Unloading rail cars and/or tractor-trailers
- Complete daily inventory
- Outside work in all weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay of $25 / hour
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
NACHURS is a Wilbur-Ellis business.
For over 70 years, NACHURS® has been the industry leader in NPK LIQUID FERTILIZER TECHNOLOGY. Built on quality, integrity, and innovation, we pioneered precision-placed liquid fertilizer in 1946 – formulated to meet the nutritional demands of crops and growing conditions on both sides of the border. Our liquid fertilizers are marketed under the ALPINE brand and NACHURS brands in North America. The New Ag Markets Business Unit sells liquid fertilizer into the turf, specialty, international, and private label markets. Products sold into oil and gas markets, transportation and mining markets, and industrial chemical markets are all sold under the NASi brand. Nachurs Alpine Solutions has manufacturing plants located in Garretson, SD, Marion, OH, Corydon, IN, Red Oak, IA, St. Gabriel, LA, New Hamburg, ON, and Belle Plaine, SK.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Follow our career social media accounts!
chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario chemical plant operator production inventory New Hamburg Ontario