New Job Engineering Manager In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Technical Director, or designate, the Engineering Manager, is primarily responsible for the oversight and management of geotechnical engineering activities and application of technical innovation for Aecon Foundations.
The position will be based/working out of one of the following offices in:
- Calgary, AB
- Edmonton, AB
- Toronto, ON
- Leading the oversight of geotechnical design and innovation activities of Aecon Foundations specialized business (i.e., deep foundations, shoring, anchors, small diameter piles, driven solutions, grouting)
- Liaising with designers and developing efficient technical solutions.
- Act as a key representative on integrated design-build pursuits and projects.
- Provide direct engineering analysis and support for temporary works including working platforms. road protection and temporary shoring.
- Identify market and innovation opportunities.
- Assist with the development of business cases for financial investments into new technology.
- Responsible for the preparation and documentation of estimates for design-build projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal/external clients.
- Support work teams and staff across Canada.
- Participate and support Aecon's Health and Safety Program.
- Lead by example ensuring Aecon's corporate health and safety program and quality control plans are adhered to.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Engineering Degree or Diploma / or equivalent training and experience
- 10 + years of construction experience in the foundation industry
- Experience with geotechnical design within the foundation industry
- Capable of reading and understanding construction design and documents
- Knowledgeable and experienced with full execution of lump sum bidding requirements.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) designation is an asset.
- Creativity for finding the best possible solution for our design-build projects.
- Knowledge of Hard Dollar would be an asset.
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s license.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.