New Job Engineering Design Technician - Permanent Full Time In Ontario
|Engineering Design Technician - Permanent Full Time|
Engineering Design Technician - Permanent Full Time
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $68,438–$72,806 a year
Location : Ontario
City of Stratford
Engineering Design Technician
Job Posting#: 43-2023(e)
Status: Permanent Full Time
Union/Non-union: CUPE 1385
Date Posted: May 24, 2023
Annual Salary: $68,438 - $72,806
Closing Deadline: June 2, 2023
Department/Division: Infrastructure & Development Services/Engineering
Location: On-Site (Stratford, ON)
Reports to Project Engineer and assists with various municipal engineering functions.
- Assists with or undertakes engineering functions such as preparing maps, drawings and design drafting.
- Performs duties related to soil or other testing, grading, coordinating traffic and transportation data collection.
- Conducts research related to development, design or equipment specifications and tender documents.
- Liaises with consultants, developers, other departments as required.
- Responds to engineering-related concerns from the public.
- Maintains statistical data and departmental records as required.
- Compiles information and prepares technical and other reports as required.
- Refers special and/or unusual situations to the Manager of Engineering for direction.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Community College Diploma (3 year) in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent education.
- Minimum 6-12 months related professional experience.
- Valid Driver’s License (Class G).
Specialized Skills, Abilities, Training, License, Memberships, or Certifications
- Eligible for OACETT membership (technician level).
- Ability to use standard and specialized software and design systems.
Applications will be received until Friday June 2, 2023 at 4:30 pm.
The City of Stratford is committed to building a culture where difference is valued. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be on behalf of the community we serve. We are committed to continuously improving our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers, promote respect and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We encourage and welcome qualified applicants with a diverse range of perspectives, skills and lived experiences to apply.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 336.
Human Resources Department
City Hall, P.O. Box 818
Stratford, ON N5A 6W1