New Job Employer Services Specialist In Saskatchewan
|Employer Services Specialist|
Employer Services Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $34.03–$42.64 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Immigration Services Branch is seeking one permanent Employer Services Specialist. The Employer Services Specialist plays an important role in supporting employer international recruitment to meet Saskatchewan's current and future labour market needs and economic development goals.
Reporting to the Manager, International Recruitment, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and guidance to employers looking for solutions to their workforce needs related to international recruitment, including federal and provincial immigration avenues.
- Being an active liaison with businesses and industry associations to gather information about their international recruitment needs.
- Coordinating and delivering presentations to various stakeholders and assisting with international labour recruitment activities.
- Assisting the Manager with training staff and enhancing/optimizing internal programs and related processes.
- Detailed, expert level processing of employer applications to hire foreign workers through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program. The work includes evaluation of business operations and documents to ensure program criteria are met.
- Developing working relationships with related federal and provincial agencies and other stakeholders.
Success in this role requires:
- Knowledge of federal and provincial immigration programs and relevant acts and programs.
- Knowledge of theories and methods related to strategic workforce planning and human resource management, and relevant industry sector trends and issues, and labour market needs in Saskatchewan.
- The ability to provide, obtain and exchange complex information such as legislation, policies, programs and processes clearly and accurately in both formal and informal settings to a variety of people (e.g., colleagues, senior decision makers, employers, community associations, other governments) in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- The ability to initiate and manage strategies for improving and streamlining programs.
- The ability to consult, influence, persuade or convince others to develop positive working relationships, ensure compliance with policies/programs/legislation and to develop solutions to problems.
- The ability to search for and assess complex and sometimes conflicting data/information to develop materials, reports, procedures, acts, regulations, guidelines and contracts.
- The ability to create and generate queries, reports, and other documents using word processing, databases, spreadsheets and other software packages.
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team member with co-workers, stakeholders, and others to consistently meet Ministry and client needs.
- Being an enthusiastic team player whom tactfully and respectfully supports colleagues to promote a positive work environment.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This position will be required to travel in Saskatchewan on occasion.
What we offer:
The Saskatchewan Public Service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Inclusive work environments
- Support for work-life balance
- Earned days off (EDOs)