New Job Electrical Engineer / Designer In Alberta
|Electrical Engineer / Designer|
Electrical Engineer / Designer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations, award recommendations and vendor document review for equipment in an EPC environment.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead/sub-lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium/large size with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Design of high, medium and low voltage distribution system.
- Electric Heat tracing design.
- Preparation of engineering deliverables such as:
- Hazardous Area Classification drawings; Single/Three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets;Cable/conduit/tray routing plans, electrical/instrumentation location drawings, electrical building layout drawing etc.Equipment sizing, and electrical engineering/design calculations (cable sizing, voltage drop and lighting calculations).Power system studies (load flow, fault/arc flash calculations, relay coordination, motor starting and grounding studies)
- Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Understand the standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- Degree or Diploma in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- 7+ years electrical engineering experience in Power, Oil & Gas, Refinery, or Petrochemical projects in EPC environment.
- Previous supervisory and/or lead experience will be an asset.
- Knowledge of power system design software (ETAP, SKM Power tools, EasyPower), Smartplant 3D and Smartplant Electrical (SPEL) will be an asset.
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.