New Job Education Consultant In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $46.88–$57.07 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Education provides leadership and direction to Saskatchewan’s education, early years, library and literacy sectors. The Ministry is committed to providing equitable and inclusive education, early years and library systems that benefit all learners and foundationally place Indigenous knowledge systems, cultures and languages within structures, policies and curricula. The Ministry of Education is advancing reconciliation with early years, Prekindergarten to Grade 12, library, and First Nations, Métis and Inuit partners by acknowledging our shared history to build a brighter future together.
The Student Achievement and Supports Branch is seeking one Education Consultant for a permanent full-time position.
As an Education Consultant, you will be a highly motivated educator with extensive knowledge of meeting the individual needs of students, Saskatchewan curriculum and instruction and assessment practices.
Reporting to the Director of the Student Supports Unit, this position is responsible for:
- Developing, renewing and implementing print and electronic resources related to student achievement, family engagement and inclusive education;
- Providing provincial direction for files related to Student Support Services and mental health;
- Providing direct support to school division senior staff;
- Research in areas including but not limited to: inclusive education, student transitions, family and community engagement and health related conditions that impact student learning;
- Organizing and managing multiple projects; and,
- Liaising and collaboration with the public, school divisions and other ministries to obtain, exchange and confirm information and make informed decisions that reflect educational goals and perspectives.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter who is positive and confident in their approach to new concepts and tasks, thorough, conscientious and attentive to detail and flexible in order to cope with ongoing changing demands in the workplace;
- Be expected to establish and enhance partnerships with various educational stakeholders and will provide leadership to existing and emerging partnerships;
- Able to demonstrate evidence of strong facilitation and consensus building skills; and,
- Possess recent school-based or senior administration or counselling experience in varied settings, grade levels and subjects.
Typically, the knowledge and skills listed below are acquired through:
- Professional A teaching certificate and a minimum of 5 years recent teaching experience;
- A Masters of Education or related area;
- Recent experience as a school-based counselor or administrator; and,
- Fluency in both French and English is an asset.
The start date for the position will be at a time that is mutually agreeable. The position will be located at one of three Ministry of Education Offices (Regina, Saskatoon or Prince Albert). Location will be determined based on the successful candidate’s location. Some travel is required.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Paid vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and,
- Flexible work arrangements.