New Job Driver, Materials Delivery - Casual In Ontario
|Driver, Materials Delivery - Casual|
Driver, Materials Delivery - Casual
Company : City of Ottawa
Salary : $26.46–$30.95 an hour
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 8549
Department: Ottawa Public Library
Service: Corporate Services
Branch: Finance & Business Services
Employment Type: 1 Casual Position
Work Hours: 13.65 hours per week
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Library
Salary Information: $26.461 - $30.954 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Location: 100 Tallwood Drive
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Ottawa Public Library
Application Close: 12/06/2023
Ottawa Public Library (OPL) provides accessible, innovative library and information services throughout the City of Ottawa, that meet the unique needs of diverse communities, delivered through a range of vehicles and reflecting a citizen-centred approach.
You are responsible for operating a library delivery vehicle; loading, transporting and unloading materials; and sorting materials into appropriate containers. You perform vehicle maintenance duties and other related duties, and perform both scheduled and non-scheduled deliveries as assigned.
Work is performed within the context of the policies and framework of the Library corporate culture as embodied in the Mission Statement, Core Values, Customer Experience Guidelines and the Canadian Federation of Library Association position statements on Intellectual Freedom and Diversity and Inclusion, with particular emphasis on providing customer service excellence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 10
Minimum of 1 year of related driving experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
- Thorough knowledge of City of Ottawa roads and the Highway Traffic Act.
- Proper methods of lifting, loading and stacking heavy materials.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and protocols
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- To sort and organize library holdings in accordance with prescribed system and procedures.
- Use tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Customer service orientation, including the use of tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Flexibility, ability to adjust priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strongly committed to quality customer service.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- To regularly lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift more than 50 pounds of materials. Moves more than 2,000 pounds of materials on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: English oral, reading, writing required.
- Driver’s License Requirement: A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- Additional vacancies may occur during the competition process.
- Alternative educational credentials combined with job-related experience, demonstrated performance, and ability may be considered in lieu of stated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Ottawa Public Library promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and non-binary persons, persons of all ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, classes, gender identities and expressions.
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as a member of one or more designated employment equity groups in the self-identification questionnaire.
The Ottawa Public Library provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.