New Job Director Of Software Engineering - Remote In New Brunswick
|Director of Software Engineering - Remote|
Director of Software Engineering - Remote
Company : Siemens
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
About Transportation-As-A-Service (TaaS)
TAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, TAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. TAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What will you do?
In the role of Director of Software Engineering, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something innovative and industry-leading in the EV mobility space, specifically TaaS. You will be responsible for building and managing a team and delivering industry-leading EV charge management product and experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach, and lead a team of Software Engineers and Validation Engineers in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Own the development and delivery of scalable, robust and resilient SaaS cloud-hosted EV charge management application suite.
- Also, own the development, validation, and delivery of containerized edge computing-based applications including site controller, and EV Charger integration using OCPP.
- Identify solutions at the software and systems level for fitment into the EV TaaS product suite
- Collaborate closely with customers, engineering, product management, and 3rd party technical teams
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
- Recruit, retain, mentor, and develop a growing team of system engineers
What will you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in building scalable and robust SaaS cloud hosted applications with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in EV Chargers and its eco-system components
- Experience with OCPP standard.
- Technical knowledge of modern web application stack including but not limited to Java (or Golang), RDMS, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Redis, Queuing, REST API’s.
- Experience in CI/CD technology, esp Dockers and Kubernetes with AWS.
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing team
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively across the organization
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession with product excellence, and an ability to move fast in a high-performing environment
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of products and customer-facing features from inception to delivery
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong analytical and experimental design skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in electrical components esp. those required for setup at an EV Charging site.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.