New Job Director, Legislative Development In Manitoba
|Director, Legislative Development|
Director, Legislative Development
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $88,003–$108,883 a year
Location : Manitoba
Director, Legislative Development
P10 Professional Officer 10
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Legislative Development, Finance and Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 41031
Salary(s): P10 $88,003.00 - $108,883.00 per year
Closing Date: June 8, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
As part of Finance and Corporate Services, the Legislative Development Branch leads the development and reporting of legislative and regulatory reporting for the departments of Economic Development, Investment and Trade and Advanced Education and Training . The branch provides technical expertise and knowledge to centrally lead and manage the legislative and regulatory requirements for both departments. Legislative Development staff provide support, guidance and assistance with the legislative and regulatory development process.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form along with a copy of your resume. See link below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in public administration, business or other related social science. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team, providing direct and indirect supervision of team members, including ensuring the quality of work through coaching and performance management.
- Experience with the design process and implementation of legislation, policies, and programs.
- Experience leveraging opportunities for innovation, finding creative solutions to issues, and successfully managing change.
- Experience leading complex projects, providing clear, concise direction, translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans and measuring success.
- Strong analytical experience with the ability to analyse, interpret and critically assess information, including legislation, policies, provincial/federal/departmental initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives for the purpose of decision-making and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience preparing documents such as briefing materials and decision seeking documents, accurately and comprehensively.
As the lead of the Legislative Development branch, the Director leads a team of policy analysts and provides leadership and advice on all legislative and regulatory items directly to the Minister, Deputy Minister, Executive Management, Departmental staff and at times other stakeholders.
The Director works closely with the Deputy Minister and Executive Management Teams to identify legislative policy requirements, develop policy options, and anticipates and advises upon legislative policy implications. This includes working with senior staff to establish the Departments’ legislative and regulatory agenda and taking a lead role in coordinating and delivering legislative amendments. The Director is involved in a leadership capacity in all stages of this process. The Director leads, coordinates and monitors regulatory accountability, including red tape reduction initiatives.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.