New Job Developmental Support Worker With Momentum Developmental Support In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Developmental Support Worker with Momentum Developmental Support|
Developmental Support Worker with Momentum Developmental Support
Company : Seafair Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
About Momentum Developmental Support:
At Momentum, our focus is on enhancing futures! We offer programs to individuals who have a developmental and/or intellectual disability to help them live healthy and active lives in their communities. Our programs provide a stable, supportive environment for our residents so they can maintain independence in daily living. We know our clients are happier at home and in their communities, and we have a fantastic team of people who help them stay there. We achieve the highest standards in health care quality because we know people depend on us for safe, professional, dependable care.
Our Developmental Support Workers know how rewarding it is to make a difference in the lives of adults who need help living independently and know how patience and understanding can make all the difference to persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. While working in a residential home environment, they provide prescribed support and supervision, assisting our residents in being active participants in their communities, regardless of their abilities.
NOW HIRING FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS AS WELL AS PART-TIME/RELIEF POSITIONS
At Momentum we strive to hire with ‘fit’ in mind. We look for candidates that fit in with Momentum’s core values:
Integrity - We are open, honest, and respectful in our dealing with residents, families, communities, and one another. We give each other the benefit of the doubt and take pride in our work.
Quality - “Good enough” is never good enough. We continually seek to implement best practices as we strive to deliver the best quality of care for each individual.
Community - We care about where we live and work, and we celebrate the accomplishments of our team and others in the community. We want to make our corner of the world a better place to be. We are prepared to invest time and money into helping our community grow.
Action - We value big ideas, innovation, and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking. We strive for efficiencies and always look for a better way. We are driven to succeed because of our shared desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Fun - We all contribute to making our workplaces enjoyable. We find moments to celebrate our successes, both personal and professional. We know the power of laughter to bring positive energy into a room and a relationship, and we have a desire to find joy in our day to day lives.
If this sounds like you…keep on reading…….
A Developmental Support Worker must have excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; must be caring and enjoy working with others; have a good work ethic; possess a positive attitude; be a supporting team member; and can build positive relationships with the clients in our care, helping them to work towards their independence where possible.
The DSW is responsible for:
- Assisting residents in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitoring for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities
- Identifying a crisis, defuse the situation, determine an intervention strategy, and contact necessary supports
- Helping all residents in making healthy choices and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Planning and supporting residents in daily activities, which may include, but not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management.
- Monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for residents.
- Assisting residents with personal hygiene skills and tasks.
- Completing required, on-going training within Momentum and the Regional Health Authority required timeframes and meeting required competency levels.
- Highschool Diploma (post-secondary education in a relevant field is considered an asset).
- Experience working in a support role with adults, preferably adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or mental health disorders is considered an asset,
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid driver’s license
- Medical report, including immunization record and Tuberculosis skin test report.
- Record of conduct and a vulnerable sector check
- Emergency First Aid AED/CPR Level C
- Casual dress
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off
- Up to four additional weeks of paid leave per year through our JOB SMOOTHING program!
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Plenty of training and advancement opportunities
Not quite there? Momentum provides Pre-Employment Training in:
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (CPI)
- Positive Behavioural Support
- Online orientation and onboarding
- Mental Health First Aid
Ranges from $17.63 - $18.33 per hour as per collective agreement
- This is a unionized position with NL Association of Public and Private Employees
Visit us online at https://momentumsupport.ca/ to learn more or apply! If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected]