New Job Customer Service & Communications Project Manager - Digital Projects In Alberta
|Customer Service & Communications Project Manager - Digital Projects|
Customer Service & Communications Project Manager - Digital Projects
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $44.20–$59.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
Project Managers on the Digital Project Team for Customer Service & Communications (CSC) help lead, develop and implement complex technical, web and digital technology projects from concept to completion for City of Calgary initiatives, programs and services. They manage the project needs of The Corporation, City employees, citizens and other partners while promoting City services and programs. Primary duties include:
- Direct and manage the strategic development and execution of projects and work plans by monitoring the project team’s adherence to project plans and schedules, help resolve issues, provide direction, and conduct quality assurance check on project deliverables.
- Design, develop and deliver project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring ensure technical feasibility in conjunction with other City Business Units as needed.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation (including the work breakdown structure, timeline, resource plan, training plan, risk management plan, communication plan and other plans identified in the planning phase), and track and report progress.
- Classification of projects and gain appropriate approvals on budgets, timelines and quality requirements to follow Corporate Project Management Framework (CPMF) stage gating protocol. Formulate, organize and monitor interconnected projects, deciding on suitable strategies and objectives, and coordinating cross-departmental project activities.
- Leverage Project Team Subject Matter Experts for resource and requirements planning: Forecast project demand, review capacity, calculate resource requirements, and recommend assignment or reassignment of resources (people and budgets) based on project scope and timelines.
- A completed 2 year diploma in Business Administration, Information Technology, Marketing, Public Administration or a related field plus 8 years of related experience; OR
- A degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Marketing, Public Administration or related field plus 6 years of related experience.
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is considered an asset.
- You will have project management, communication, team leadership, political sensitivity, exception judgment and interpersonal skills.
- You will be highly strategic, organized and independent, the ability to consult and work with staff at all levels in The Corporation.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.