New Job Customer Service Cashier In Saskatchewan
|Customer Service Cashier|
Customer Service Cashier
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $24.32–$26.81 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Corporate Financial Services
Department: Corporate Revenue
Term: 1 Temp Part Time position(s) available for approximately 4 months.
Closing Date: 05/15/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under the supervision of the Revenue Systems Coordinator, this position provides general administrative support, and receives and processes payments for a variety of civic services and programs
Duties & Responsibilities
Receives and processes payments for a variety of civic services and programs.
Balances and deposits cash, cheques and Interac payments.
Maintains accurate daily records, including transaction data and batch totals, and enters them into the revenue collection system.
Responds to a large number of enquiries from the public, redirecting them, as necessary, to other sections of the Department, other departments, other utility companies and private parking companies.
Monitors supply of rolled coin, orders new supply from bank regularly, distributes coin, balances coin, and keeps accurate records.
Receive and process cheque cashing requests from other departments to replenish petty cash.
Provides administrative support for the Corporate Revenue division, including sorting and distributing mail, filing documentation and processing data.
Monitors supplies and requests orders in a timely manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduation from a business college OR Graduation from a one-year, post-secondary business-related program.
- One year’s related cashier and customer service experience.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with the public and civic employees.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member and to adapt to changes in scheduling, procedures and office equipment.
- Ability to follow cash handling and security protocols
Requires Security Check
Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) upon offer of employment.
Weekly Hours: Approximately 15 hours
Salary Range: $24.32 to $26.81 CAD per hour (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].