New Job Crime And Business Analyst In New Brunswick
|Crime And Business Analyst|
Crime And Business Analyst
Company : City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
A city that inspires
Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
CRIME AND BUSINESS ANALYST
Codiac Regional RCMP - Job # P1137
CLOSING DATE: NOON - May 31, 2023
The incumbent is responsible for determining, designing and developing data collection strategies, techniques and methods used in the intelligence process by researching, evaluating, interpreting, and analyzing information to identify criminal trends and patterns and to develop tactical, operational and strategic intelligence products.
The incumbent is responsible for creating strategies and improvement opportunities that support the overall business operation of the CRPA and the Codiac RCMP. The successful candidate will lead the implementation of business improvement initiatives, communicate and work with management on process improvement initiatives and objectives, develop appropriate evaluation methodologies to measure and report on Corporate performance and make recommendations for improvements to senior management. Moreover, the incumbent will be responsible in the development of policy options, facilitate meetings / groups, conduct literature reviews, qualitative and quantitative research, jurisdictional scans, project management, writing of briefing notes, and interpret data and convert it into business information that supports the organization.
This position reports to the Manager of the Offender Management Unit.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This is a non-unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- Must have a University degree in criminology, business administration, commerce, finance, mathematics, statistics, law, public planning, social sciences, public administration or business.
- Must have a Process Improvement or Green Belt Certification. Consideration will be given to a candidate who is able to demonstrate that he/she was successful in completing several projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools which resulted in net savings.
- Must have Microsoft Excel - Expert level certification or achieve this certification within the first 6-months of employment.
- Must successfully complete the Criminal Intelligence (CI) entry examination and may be required to complete an understudy program.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of training and experience in managing projects using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools combined with experience in a related field or two years of experience as a criminal analyst.
- Experience in the private and/or public sector in areas of project management, facilitation of change management initiatives, strategic planning, policy development and research will be considered an asset.
- English essential (oral and written). The ability to communicate (oral and written) in the French language would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of a variety of research, statistical, qualitative, and intelligence analytical techniques and methods utilized in the intelligence process
- Requires knowledge of electronic search and retrieval techniques to utilize a range of analytical software, open source databases and the Internet to conduct research and searches for information pertaining to criminal activity and intelligence gathering;
- Requires knowledge of the theories and research principles of social science, i.e. sociology, criminology, political science, economics, and their interrelationships to assess, formulate and determine linkages on different issues and files;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Above average public speaking and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of best practices in policy development and qualitative and quantitative research.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and groups through demonstrated experience.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Outlook) computer applications. Proficient knowledge of Excel is required.
- The incumbent must be able to manage multiple priorities and possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, and possess a high degree of independent judgment. Proven leadership skills in developing and motivating a team in addition to the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must and exceptional time management skills and organization capabilities are required. This role operates in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Judgment and discretion are absolutely necessary as errors can and will result in embarrassment and/or financial loss to the CRPA / Codiac RCMP.
- Due to the confidential nature of the work, the incumbent requires tact and discretion when dealing with all matters.
- Must have a high level of tact/persuasion when dealing with persons inside and outside the CRPA / Codiac RCMP.
- In the absence of the Manager, the incumbent may be required to assume general administration and supervisory functions in the department.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- The incumbent is expected to: travel domestically and internationally, work flexible hours on short notice, and moderate physical demands. Very high mental and visual demands. Medium travel requirements. Ability and willingness to work extended hours and beyond the five (5) day work week when need arises.
- It is a condition of employment that the incumbent must be of the highest integrity and character and will be subjected to RCMP security screening. This involves background and character investigation of successful applicants and their immediate families. This is required prior to the necessary level of security clearance being granted for this position. Must maintain necessary RCMP security clearance requirements for this position throughout the duration of employment. Similarly, the incumbent's use of all police information will be in accordance with RCMP policy, regulations and directives. Since the work is of a confidential nature, the incumbent must be prepared to undertake an Oath of Affirmation of Secrecy.