New Job Court Stenographer In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,998–$4,738 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Justice and Public Safety - Court Services
One Year Temporary Term (with the possibility of extension)
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Justice and Public Safety is dedicated to the rule of law, the promotion of the public interest, and the impartial administration of justice and works to improve the safety, security and resiliency of communities and citizens.
The Department of Justice and Public Safety is seeking an individual to join the Court Services Branch as a Court Stenographer working in Miramichi.
What you will do
As a member of the Court Services team, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide a variety of court related services. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Attending court and recording evidence
- Transcribing of evidence from recorded compact discs
- Entering computer data
- Preparing legal documents
- Receptionist duties
- Client service
- Providing support to the judiciary
- And any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Office location: Miramichi Law Court, 673 King George Highway, Miramichi, NB
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure is required for this position.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Behavioural competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Concern for order
- Effective interactive communication
- Self-control / Stamina
- Flexibility; and
- Teamwork and cooperation
Technical competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competency:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working past the normal work hours on occasion.
- Working on weekends on a rotational basis for weekend remand court; and
- Occasional travel within the region when required.
Resumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Need to have (their essential skills and qualifications)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of one (1) year post-secondary education in office administration or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years related administrative and/or legal work experience.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal history clearance and security clearance check.
Shorthand is not required.
The ability to transcribe from recorded compact discs is also required. As such, you will be required to successfully complete the Department's court transcription test in English and/or French.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
$1,999.24 - $2,368.97 biweekly
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by mail at the following address by May 25th, 2023 indicating competition number R78-2023-24-0753.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Justice and Public Safety
Human Resources Branch
Marysville Place - 20 McGloin Street, 3rd floor
Fredericton, NB E3A 5T8
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.