New Job Corporate Customer Service Representative Pt In Ontario
|Corporate Customer Service Representative PT|
Corporate Customer Service Representative PT
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.29–$36.61 an hour
Location : Ontario
Corporate Customer Service Representative PT
May 24, 2023
June 1, 2023 (at 6:00pm)
The City of Kitchener is a vibrant and dynamic city of approximately 270,000, in the heart of southwestern Ontario. As the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, Kitchener continues to be poised for development and growth, enhancing its reputation as a leader in city-building and innovation, with nationally recognized strategies to build its neighbourhoods, its digital infrastructure and its diverse economy.
The City of Kitchener is WHERE you want to work! Learn more about the top reasons to join us:
Why work at the City of Kitchener
Reporting to the Supervisor, Corporate Contact Centre, Corporate Customer Service Representatives (CCSR's) are responsible for performing a variety of customer-focused information and facilitation services for residents and customers of the City of Kitchener. CCSR's will manage a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external customers as they are directed through the city's Corporate Contact Centre.
Call Centre Hours: 24hrs a day, 7 days a week (24/7)
- Provides information, redirect calls and, guides customers concerning municipal functions, services, policies, and programs.
- Generates service requests on behalf of customers via City Works and Lagan software and updates service requests to reflect such information as action taken, resolution achieved, or further action required.
- Follows up as necessary on unresolved issues and requests, occasionally requiring interactions over several weeks; finds responsible internal party to accelerate action and keeps customer apprised of resolution status.
- Must be able to prioritize incoming communications to ensure that emergency requests are responded to in accordance with emergency procedures.
- Documents customer complaints, requests, and issues using the Lagan and CityWorks programs (e.g., property standards, parking).
- Delivers customer service to internal and external customers by providing information about municipal services, direction to municipal facilities and other assistance via telephone, email, social media and in person, in accordance with City customer service standards.
- Acts as initial point of contact for email to the City of Kitchener from City website contact page for emails that arrive during regular shift.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in accordance with applicable call centre processes and guides callers in accordance with Corporate Contact Centre business processes.
- Provides general information on programs and services of the Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions to internal and external customers.
- Research general questions concerning precise departmental responsibility for City, Provincial and Federal programs, and services.
- Makes suggestions for process and information improvements and updates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma, plus one-year post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 1 of year experience in a contact centre environment.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Windows and can learn new software programs easily.
- Must have highly developed customer service skills and be able to pass applicable testing.
- Must have good listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Must have highly developed organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to find information and provide customers with answers quickly and accurately while using multiple resources, including but not limited to internet searches.
- Must be able to deal with customers tactfully and effectively in a fast paced ever changing work environment.
- Must be able to work in a highly structured, measurable target driven environment.
- Must be able to prioritize incoming calls and tasks to meet established customer service levels.
- Must have proven research & analytical skills and highly developed attention to detail for problem resolution and data entry accuracy.
- Must be able to operate multiple systems concurrently, including but not limited to; multiple software applications, radio/dispatching consoles, and telephony hardware.
- Must be able to remain composed during emergency situations and respond in accordance with established guidelines; including but not limited to; alarm monitoring for City facilities & pumping stations, emergency natural gas & C/O phone line, confined space entry monitoring, and sewer/water emergencies.
- Must be able to work all shifts, in a 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week rotation.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
The City of Kitchener is committed to an equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and to ensuring our workforce reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ persons, as well as other equity deserving groups.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] , or 519-741-2200 ext. 7261 to make your needs known, so that we can support your full and equal participation throughout the hiring process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR- 110, "Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials":
"The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, General Managers , or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full -time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students."
Corporate Customer Services
Number of Positions
Hours of Work
Up to 24 hours per week
Kitchener Operations Facility
$29.286 - $36.607 per hour